1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob Help. WMV to DVD.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jojimbo15, Nov 2, 2007.

1. jojimbo15

jojimbo15 Member

I hope I'm posting this in the right section. I have a WMV file that I want to put on to a DVD. I used WinAVI to convert the WMV file and then I used Folder2Iso to get my iso file then finally DVD Decrypter to burn the iso to a disc. I'm trying to play this in an XBOX 360 by the way if that helps, and I am using crappy media (maxwell). I had no idea that maxwell was the bottom of the barrel before I decided to try my hand at burning DVD's. So any help is appreciated, and once again I'm sorry if this is placed in the wrong area.

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Use Imgburn instead of dvd decrypter 2 burn- much better burn engine and created by LUK, same author of dvd decrypter. Imgburn and be found at www.imgburn.com, and its free.For media use Taiyo Yuden or made in Japan Verbatims. IMHO Taiwanese Ritek (Ridata) is ok also

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  3. res2cue

res2cue Guest

if your Maxell happens to be Made In Japan you have a pretty decent disc buddy!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2007
  4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

You don't really say what the problem is though...does your Xbox 360 not play the disc? Does the newly converted movie play in your PC before burning it? You can eliminate a step by using DVD Flick to convert and burn all at once and it also used Imgburn as it's burn engine. Here is a guide: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/552742