1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nOOb HERE!! NEED HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Max_Power, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Max_Power

Max_Power Guest

ihave a xenium ice chip and i have had my xbox chip installed for awhile now and i am pretty impressed with myself since i did it with no problems, i think. but the real problem is that i dont have a damn clue how to ftp my xbox to the pc or how to create an iso image or how to burn with nero. i tried it all of it a couple of times before but was unsuccessful since my xbox didnt recognize the disc. so i thought that maybe it was the media i was using. that was not the problem. then i thought it was my chip because maybe i need a new evox i think. im still not sure if that is not the problem. anyway, i need to know what im doing wrong and how to do it all if i am. Plz help!!!!!!

Thx 'n' advance.

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

3. Max_Power

Max_Power Guest

i followed the instructions on how to ftp but every friggin time i try, it either says no route to host or connection refused. it said connection refused because instead of taking to crossover cable from the computer and connectying it to my xbox, i left it connected to the router and took another croos over cable and connected it from the xbox to the router. plz tell me what im doing wrong.

Thx in advance.

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

So let me get this straight, you are using crossover cable to connect your Xbox to your router?

That right there is a problem. What you need is Straight Through ethernet cable, and you need 3 of these. One that goes from your modem to the router WAN port, one that goes from your PC to the router, and one that goes from your Xbox to the router. Do not use crossover cable, it will not work when networking. Crossover cable is only used when you are directly connecting your Xbox to PC. So if you have a long enough crossover cable, just connect one end to your PC and the other to your Xbox and that should work.

5. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

^That...OR, he could just use 1 of his crossover cables and connect his xbox directly to his PC. Much easier IMO.

6. Max_Power

Max_Power Guest

that is what i did in the first place. i took the cross over cable and connected my xbox directly to the pc. then it said no route to host. so then i did the cross over to router to pc. there it said connection refused.

7. yu-8

yu-8 Regular member

do you have an ip address?

8. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

make sure your xbox is turned off when you go plugging in cables. Then boot up the xbox, make sure your xbox's gateway is the same as your computers IP, then just type in your xbox's IP into your ftp program for the address, then username and password are both: xbox

9. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

You could have a bad cross-over cable as well. I'd go with the router with a lan(netowrk) cable and read the tutorials that were posted here about Ftping into your box-If you don't have a clue what a static ip is or how to change one then read up on that first.

10. Max_Power

Max_Power Guest

how do i find out what the ip adress is for my computer

11. Max_Power

Max_Power Guest

never mind. i found the copmputers ip address and even tried that adress for the url but no success. i also turned off the xbox before i installed the crossover cable. i pretty sure its not the cable since i used that same cable for live and it worked fine for that.

12. Max_Power

Max_Power Guest

can anyonetell me what the problem is with my ftping or is everyone out of ideas?

13. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Do you have a dashboard? If so, check and see if it recognizes the connection between your PC and Xbox (it should say "100 line/duplex" or something besides no connection). If you don't have a dashboard, that might very well be your problem.

Also, your computer's I.P. address has nothing to do with FTPing into your xbox. You can establish a connection between your xbox and your pc by using the ethernet port in your computer, a NIC, or a hub/switch/router. If you're using your ethernet port or a NIC, you need to edit your LAN properties. Go to your LAN, and then choose TCIP/IP, and click properties. Choose "Use this I.P. Address"

And type in this:

I.P.-192.168.0.1
    Subnet Mask-255.255.255.0

[​IMG]

Also, make sure you set your xbox's I.P. to "Static." (it has it's own option in the dashboard).

Now, go in FlashFXP (or whatever FTP program you have), and make a new site called "XBOX" or whatever you prefer. For the I.P., type in 192.168.0.3, and for the username type xbox, and for the password type xbox.

For more info, check out this thread: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/141037

Good luck!

14. Max_Power

Max_Power Guest

what is a dashboard?

15. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

It is basically a main menu for your mod chip.

16. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

You should be using evolutionX as your dashboard

17. Max_Power

Max_Power Guest

what if i dont have an evolutionx dsashboard for my chip. i have a xenium ice chip remember, and it came preflashed with an os system if that matters any.

18. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

Max-you have more than enough info here at your disposal-and you can always go to the chipmakers webpage and read the faqs at thier forum-but enough is enough! do your research!!!

19. fixmyxbox

fixmyxbox Member

If your not going to do the research you need to have someone install the chip for you. Thats just how it is.

20. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I figured this was the problem before I typed my post. Your problem is that you don't have a dashboard, and THAT'S the reason why you can't FTP. You need a dashboard or a chip that supports FTP.

With WHAT os system? If you mean a new BIOS, you STILL need a dashboard (because obviously your chip doesn't support FTP). You need to make an evox boot disc. Find out how to do that here: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/xbox_evolution_x.cfm

There are other dashboards, such as UnleashX and Avalaunch, but Evox is the most popular. Install the dashboard first, and then attempt to FTP.