1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noob in need have a 3.03oe-c need to make custom wave backgrounds and internet trouble

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Freaker, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

i just got my psp i need it to have a step by step way to just making my own custom wave backgrounds. i need to have a step by step because this is the first psp hacking im doing. as i said i have the standard 3.01 firmware, so if i need to downgrade or anything i will need that to be in there.

thank you to any one who can help.
    (and please dont just give me a link i have been looking all over for weeks and preposted guides havent helped.) thanks again

2. staxx

staxx Regular member

In all honesty no ones going to type up a guide when they can just send a link...the best i can do for you is give you a list of what you need to do then you can search the forums here for them.

1. Purchase a copy of GTA:LCS unpatched
    2. Search for the 3.03 upgrade file and upgrade to 3.03
    3. Search for a tutorial on how to downgrade from 3.03 to 1.5
    4. Use hexitnow's winstaller to upgrade from 1.5 to 3.03 oe-c http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/460892
    5. Search for xmb wave packs and 01-12.bmp packs
    6. Search for a tutorial on how to change your 01-12.bmp via flash0
    7. Search for a tutorial on how to change your xmb waves via flash0

3. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

first i would just like to say thank you for being so fast i only had to wait overnight. i knew that no one would want to type in each step to everything i need to do but the list of guides that you provided me will hopefully be exactly what i need. then i want to say that i have the unpatched version of GTALCS i checked because i wanted to sell it on ebay (for $20 profit).

i also would like to know my chances of bricking my psp since this is the first thing im doing?

thank you again for your help and i hope to become an active member of this site once i pick up a few tips.

4. ac1D

ac1D Guest

well, if your battery is fully cahrged, you dont unplug the adaptor, chance are not that high.
    i have to say it, i was "nervous" for noting at my first time ^^

5. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

thanks for the extra confidence. im going to start the long process that will eventually lead to one of two paths. path one- fully customized psp, path two- a $170 door stop

wish me luck, if you want to check back every now and then ill update this when i get stuck or finish.

6. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

i just realized my GTA LCS has the ver 2.00 do i need one that has ver 1.5 to do this? please respond asap. i really want to get started.
    thank you

7. ottesen07

ottesen07 Regular member

No you have the unpatched version, that is your key to downgrading. Now just find a downgrader. And if you brick your psp while flashing in custom firmware. you can unbrick it.

8. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

hey man thanks for the help. i was still worried about bricking it but now i will rest a little easier.

9. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

as of right now i have a ver 1.5 tahnks to everyone who helped so far :)

10. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

i need help againi have downloaded the link above and i ran through it but it didnt work nothing at all happened im am now stuck at 1.5 i need to have 3.03oe-c
    if someone could walk me through this program or give me a guide for another program- the goal of all of this is to have custom wave backgrounds
    thanks

11. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

sorry i feel stupid i just had to click to start it i thought it would do it automatically for some reason so nevermind about that last question

12. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

another problem:i just got the ver 3.03oe-c from above and now i can't get on the internet the message "A connection error has occurred. The attempt to obtain the IP address timed out." i know that this connection is good my bro has not hacked his and his internet works so if anyone knows how to fix this i would be very thankful to know

13. ottesen07

ottesen07 Regular member

don't scan. Enter it manually. I had the same prob

14. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

thanks ill try that now....woo hoo got it thanks to your help thanks