1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noob in psp nid guides pls help

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by gheem, Apr 11, 2007.

1. gheem

gheem Member

elow sir im new in psp n homebres im one of the noob ppl who upgraded their psp to 3.11 and still w8ting for the 3.11 downgrader.
    while i w8t i would like to ask 4 help regarding some software i never herd b4 and to be familiarized w/ the field of psp.

1. what are the firmware of psp? from 1.5 to 3.30.
    2. what are their differences?
    3. what is devhook? what firmware should i use it?
    4. what is hen?
    5. do i realy nid devhook na hen in using homebrew?
    6. what is downdater?
    7. what is sdk?
    8. what is homebrew inabler?

hope you could help me with my question. for sure this will help me when 3.11 downgrader is out thx in adv.!!!

2. DarkPSP

DarkPSP Member

Mate if you realy are a noob at psps i can explain everything on msn.just pm me ur msn.

3. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

Q1: Firmwares are used to upgrade your PSP and improve performance on the PSP. Sony release these firmwares to change/ improve the PPS itself. However Sony also upgrades the firmware to stop Hackers from cracking the firmware and making downgraders etc.

Q2: They have newer settings and features as each firmware rises. For example one difference between 1.50 and 2.00 was that the 2.00 version had an internet browser.

Q3: Devhook is a loader that allows you to play backed-up games on your PSP without the actual UMD. But to do so you will need a copy of your UMD and enough space in your memory stick to contain the copy of you game. The most recommended version to run Devhook is 1.50.

Q4: HEN stands for Homebrew Enabler it was released by Dark_Alex to allow users with a PSP that has a higher version than 1.50 to run homebrew.

Q5: At the moment you can't use homebrew as you have a v3.11 PSP. No matter what you do at thee moment you still can't run homebrew.

Q6: A Downdater is often needed by some downgraders to allow a sucessful downgrade. Like 1.50 to 1.00.

Q7: A SDK stands for Software Development Kit.

Q8: Homebrew Enabler is the same as HEN but with a longer name.

Now that was a lot of text :p

4. gheem

gheem Member

THX DUDES!!! ITS REALY A BIG HELP. ITS NICE TO BE IN THE FORUM WHERE UR MATES CAN HELP U. ANY NEW ABOUT THE RELEASE OF 3.11 DOWNGRADER?

5. gheem

gheem Member

sowi i forgot n capslock, i would like to add another question is the black glass on top of the psp is an ir? if yes can i use it to trasfer file to and from cellpon?

6. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

I don't think the 3.11 downgrader will be released, but instead the 3.30 downgrader. That means you have to upgrade in order to downgrade. (When it comes out)

Yes, that is the Infrared Port. But you need a program to transfer the files .

7. gheem

gheem Member

ic thx again. what kind of program? can i use that program in 3.11 fw of sony? and is it ok to ask where can i get it or maybe the name so i can search it on bitlord.

8. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member