1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob in some need of help with psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by spellit, Sep 9, 2007.

1. spellit

spellit Member

ok heres the deal i got a psp and all i want to do is be able to back up my games and play them from my memory stick. i made this thread because i am getting tired of getting the run around to find the right info. so it would be great if someone could help me out. so do i got to downgrade or what help need step by step thanks

2. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

What firmware/ system software you on? You can check that on the XMB to the far left in settings>>system settings>>system information>> it should be like x.xx... what you want to do is be at a custom firmware where you can run applications,emulators, change the theme of your psp bigtime and a lot more. To get to custom firmware you have to downgrade to 1.50. It's ll depending on what firmware your on to decide what methos your going to use to downgrade. Check that first, then you can reply back.

3. spellit

spellit Member

ok i have firmware 3.52. so i have to downgrade to do this right? do u know a good site for instruction on how to do this? (with visuals to help)

4. halifix

halifix Member

I suggest either 3.40 OE-A (no flaws) or 3.53 M33 for firmware

5. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

have u downgraded ur psp before? is your firmware on 3.52?

6. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

your gonna need the pandora battery mante. your on official firmware if it 3.52

7. spellit

spellit Member

i just downloaded the new firmware from sony. so what do i got to do first. pandora, downgrade etc...?

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The only way you can downgrade your PSP is to use the Pandora method. Unfortunately you will need to know someone that has a PSP with 1.50 or custom firmware on it.

If you know someone that does have a PSP with 1.50 or CFW on their PSP then ask them to create the Pandora Battery unbricker/downgrader so you can downgrade your PSP.

HERE is a link to a guide.

9. spellit

spellit Member

once i downgrade via pandora method will i still be able to link it to my ps3 for remote play or will i have to undue everything? and is there a way i can do it my self.