1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob Jailbreaking Help

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Numnizzle, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Numnizzle

Numnizzle Member

Hey guys, I'm obviously looking to mod my ps3 but I don't want to install a custom firmware for the whole sake of not being able to go online. I don't want to be banned. Is there anyway to just jailbreak and play backups without a cfw? If so do I still run the use risk of console bans? Can I jailbreak and play homebrew and still go online?

Thanks. I've searched around but I either find very old threads or people who already have cfw installed?

Sorry for being such a noob at this but everyone needs to start somewhere right ?

For example, I see http://ps3portal.net/ps3-4-70-official-jailbreak-custom-firmware-cfw-released/ (hopefully links aren't a bad thing here) and it doesn't say anything specific about cfw just jailbreaking, and also says you can go online, is this legit? My firmware is v4.70 if that's helpful?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

you cant jailbreak without being on 3.55 or below, so that site is lying, you would need to downgrade using an e3 flasher to 3.55 ofw then install cfw in order to play back ups, to play back ups online or even go on line with cfw is very risky. if you care for live don't bother,
    and don't listen to that site either, YOU HAVE TO DOWNGRADE

3. Numnizzle

Numnizzle Member

Ok cool, thanks for the advise. Now I'm planning on getting another used PS3 and I want to know if I do install a CFW and but don't go online does that also stop me from using services like Netflix and Hulu + ?

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i am sure that would fine, may have to use rebug 4.70 though, not sure if those services require the latest ps3 fw