1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob needing mod chip help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by AKM2k5, Nov 5, 2004.

1. AKM2k5

AKM2k5 Member

Hello. I am a novice when it comes to xbox moding. Yes, this is another Xbit problem and Im sure you guys are all tired of reading about it, but I really need your help. I have been having some trouble with installing the Xbit mod chip. I went through the install steps using the Xbit tutorial and I still cant figure out what I am doing wrong. I am able to flash the chip (write, verify, and disconnect), but am I using the wrong bios? I have tried using "EvolutionX M8 Bios" and "X2.4983.BIOS" and none of it seems to be working. How can I tell if its working (mod chip)? I read somewhere online that If I use the Xecutor Bios, I am supposed to get an Xecuter screen. I have not gotten that. I have aligned and re-aligned the chip multiple times and that doesnt seem to help either. On the bios switches, do I need to keep all the switches off to flash the chip? Please help me, I am stuck here and I dont know what else to do. Please help my newb arse.

Thanks in Advance.

2. Xstation3

Xstation3 Guest

MAKE SURE YOU TELL ME YOUR version, CURRENT bios, and video chip (look at the link below)
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions.php

if you got 1.6 your screwed. xbit only supports 1.0-1.5. if 1.6b your definately screwed because it has a memory problem with bioses.
    1.6b has a phillips dvd drive and hyundai tsop and 1.6 has samsung dvd drive and samsung tsop
    theres a new 1.6b bios but it is still a beta

3. Xstation3

Xstation3 Guest

oya and m8 is only for 1.6!

4. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

ARM2k5, I can't help with X-BIT but your post was well written. Alot of Noobs seem to demand an answer with no real history into the problem.
    Best of Luck to You!