1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob needs advice on burning

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by all5tar, Apr 20, 2007.

1. all5tar

all5tar Member

Hi,

Im thinking of buying a Pioneer dvr-112DBK dual layer writer can anybody tell me if these are any good and will backup 360 games ?

I want to re-backup my version of uefa {as its got a slight scratch on it and keeps comming up with dirty disc error} can i re-copy it using the above drive ? I read that you need to 2 drives {one to read and one to write} i assume they BOTH have to be dual layer {at the minute i have only got 2 normal dvd writers i know its a long shot but will that do the job or will i have to buy to dual layer drives}.

I've got clonecd and have read the tutorial so am pretty confident that i can get it to burn but if someone can just let me know if the above hardware will do the job it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

You should be ok with that burner you're talking about.You can use that same drive to rip and reburn your copy.It's only when you have to rip original games that you'll need the samsung drive flashed with kreon firmware.You can just use clonecd to write the image of the game and use that same program to burn it.Use quality media like verbatim and do not burn faster than 2.4x,you should be ok with that.

Vincent.

3. all5tar

all5tar Member

Thanks for the reply,

I've been and bought the drive and fitted in but when i've put the uefa dvd in to re-burn it resets my computer !? Any ideas why this is happening ?

Ive tried it on nero and clonecd and it just restarts also if i leave the disk in the drive it wont even boot up windows !!

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Cheers

4. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Check if you have set the jumper correctly for the new drive.If you have two drives on the same ide cable,one should be master and the another one slave.

Vincent.

5. all5tar

all5tar Member

Yeah although when i first booted the computer up it didint recognise the drive was present but have moved the jumper and now it recognise's it and have burnt a normal cd with the new drive but like i say when i put uefa in it tries to read it and then just re-starts.

There's no diagram on the back of the drive {and no instructions} of where the jumper should correctly be, i've just put it on the 2nd row of pins

6. all5tar

all5tar Member

Just tried putting the disc in my normal dvd writer and same thing happened just re-started the computer !

Do you think its possible that the pc is trying to autorun the game ? If so how can i turn this option off so it doesnt crash and i can just copy the data.

Thanks in advance for any advice

7. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

You can try go in "my computer" and right click on the drive in question and you'll see the "Autoplay" tab.Make sure that the option "Prompt me each time to choose an action" is selected.

Vincent.

8. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Well the problem your having has nothing to do with the game it's a hardware issue with the computer or perhaps you have a virus on your PC.