1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noob needs help for backing up originals games!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by petro02, Apr 6, 2007.

1. petro02

petro02 Member

hi i am a newb and i just got a mod chip but into my xbox 360, now i have been trying to back up some of my games for the past 5 days and i have been going nuts. i was using the method of taking apart your dvd drive and doing the switch from the movie to the game. I folowed all the instructions but i copy the game using wx ripper, but after when it is done all i am left with is a 4.73 gb file that is a iso, i heard that you have to get a ss.bin or something like that but i dunt know how i cant get it is there a program? i tried to use ss merger but i dunt have any ss bin number.
    i am very confused :S please help

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

3. petro02

petro02 Member

yup i checked google...it would be greatly apreceatied if someone good help me with my problem..if there is a link you know plese send!!

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

if you googled you did a piss poor job, i can search and find what i need after clicking less than 3 links, just search for what you want. ss.bin? type "xbox 360 security sector download" or whatever your looking for.

Seek and ye shall find.

5. petro02

petro02 Member

alright i looked it up on google and all i could find that had ss.bin files was http://www.ubclass.org/X360SS2/index.php and they only have a certain amount of games and not the one i am looking for

6. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  7. petro02

petro02 Member

it doesnt work that site ....it says that it is over writing over the file and it stays the same, doesn change at all,
    the was i was doing it before was using the one where you switch from the movie to the games using wx ripper..is it normal to be around 4 .7 gb or and when i found a ss.bin it was red when using ss merger

8. navsav

navsav Regular member

Don't you wish you could get some decent answer from people who know the answer and love to do nothing more then post. So if you like posting so much why not just post the answer? Unless of course you just enjoy hammering Noobs.

Well my suggestion is to shell out the 60 bucks on ebay to get the samsung 162 with kreon - just search kreon and you will find it. Thats what I got and it made life so much easier now it only take like one step to back up the games!

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

mike, settle down as we were all noobs at 1 time. the questions will be repeatly asked whether they search or not so just live with it as i do. it's almost 29,000 posts i've done on this site with about 18,000 since being mod & i keep answering the same questions over & over & over again.

10. petro02

petro02 Member

now when i try to use xbox backup creator, it is imposible to hit start becassue i cant click it...you guys probilly get this alot from otehr people and i was wondering if it was my dvd drive, i have a sony dru-810a, and i noticed under ooptions there is a samsung sh-d162c it that one of the only drives that read exbox games, becasue i should go just buy that to backup my games becasue that seems the easiest then taking apart my dvd drive now, and still have problems

11. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

isn't there a whole tutorial forum on this? n00bs never search before posting. lets make a new thread called ALL IN ONE TUTORIAL FOR EVERYTHING and stickie it and inside add google search anc afterdawn search.

12. techguy26

techguy26 Regular member

begin rant

It doesn't matter if there is a tutorial or not, who cares, some people need one on one help, and by god that is what this and every forum on the web is about, like it or not. If your only help is to say search then don't help, if your only help is to bitch at someone else don't help, but by god if you want to truly help. help in a way that people have helped you in the past, we all need help, all the time.

end rant.

13. justin410

justin410 Member

ok check this out the swap method what dvd are u using the xbox360 games needs a 7.9 gig movie or more to switch with the game
    gladitor is one ice age meltdown is another itshould be like a 7 gig file. once u do that pm me and i can guide u further i have done 10 plus games first time success

14. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

yeah let me spam the forum asking stupid questions like:
    How to fix no drive detected with MTKFLASH.exe

because were blind and will never check to see if there is anything stickied about it... And were to lazy to google or afterdawn search before asking...

go ahead fill the form with useless threads that have been answered millions of times...

if u can't find it or you are stuck after a tutorial or something than you should go open a thread.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  15. navsav

navsav Regular member

Give me a break if you see a thread you consider useless then don't read it. I have never had to go more then a page deep in this forum before finding old posts - so no the site is not flooded with stupid questions. I personally enjoy answering noobs questions since they ask questions I can answer :) So why don't you guys just let me answer their questions and stop posting your smart a$$ responses. At least the poster had some insight - it was not like he simply said "how do i copy games"? He has done some work and got stuck. You guys are like children in elementary school looking for a chance to burn someone.

16. navsav

navsav Regular member

Yeah I screwed that quote up - this was in answer to the last post by petro

Give me a break if you see a thread you consider useless then don't read it. I have never had to go more then a page deep in this forum before finding old posts - so no the site is not flooded with stupid questions. I personally enjoy answering noobs questions since they ask questions I can answer :) So why don't you guys just let me answer their questions and stop posting your smart a$$ responses. At least the poster had some insight - it was not like he simply said "how do i copy games"? He has done some work and got stuck. You guys are like children in elementary school looking for a chance to burn someone.

17. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

k w.e

18. petro02

petro02 Member

hey guys thanks for everything...i just got a new drive and maybe thought that waould fiz the problem...it is a sony dru-810a dvd drive...which is dual layer..while i was taking it apart i was have some trouble and i think i might have broken the part that makes it open and close..i conected the power and everytime i click the open button, nothing happens doesnt open so i cant even make the computer read a game

i am thinking about getting a new dvd drive...if my problem cant be fixed which dvd drive do you guys recomend..is there one that actully reads the xbox games without haveing to do the swop method

19. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

20. petro02

petro02 Member

i always here people talking about some samsung drive or hitachi