1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob needs help on burning 1st game

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Mxg, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Mxg

Mxg Member

i have downloaded a few games from a torrent like the RARE Marvel Versus Capcom 2 to name one and i want to burn it to a CD-r i am using alchoal 120% and i think i set everthing up right but their is one option it has and i do not kno what setting to put it is...
    The Write Method which one do i chosse ? btw it is the JAP version not sure if that has anything to do with it
    and another question is
    i have also downloaded another game and Alcohol 120% isnt reading the image file it has the name of the game and end with .IMG can that be used to burn the image to a disc or DVD-r
    sorry if i sound all mixed up becuase i am new to this
    and how will i kno if a game needs to be patched
    and finally which is the best program and the easiest way to Burn a ps2 game
    Thank u for any given help

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  3. Niobis

Niobis Regular member

I'm sure Jizmak told you the correct place to go but I'll still tell you this.

The easiest way to copy PS2 games that I have found is to use Nero. Insert original into DVD drive for direct copy or put it in your DVD burner if you don't have a DVD drive(will have to have atleast 4 GB of free space) Select DVD tab(if you have that v of Nero) select copy disc(open with Nero Express) Click "More" in Nero Express and save as an .iso. Burn at the least possible writing speed(I use 1x). Click next and let it do it's job.

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Actually, JAP games are NTSC format, not PAL. Swap Magic will play them without needing the PAL switch on the SM CD.

5. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

PAL in only for Europe releases.

6. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

i learned something today!!!!

still if its in japanese i dont want to play it