1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Noob):needs help/swap magic 3.6

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by doomdude, May 5, 2007.

1. doomdude

doomdude Member

Okay,so I'm using the "swapmagic 3 plus" DVD disc
    its in fine condition.I got it about a year ago,
    so heres the problem

I turn on my ps2 pop in the swap magic disc and it loads,right?
    well...it loads and after the ps2 logo dissapears it takes
    me back to the disc reading screen showing me a disc and memory card.
    i click "x" on the disc icon...itll repeat and end up
    back there

help would be appreciated
    and thanks for reading

2. doomdude

doomdude Member

nvm
    Im sorry
    but just incase there are other people with my same problem

1.Unplug all wires atached to the ps2 system
    2.Turn your PS2 upside down.
    3.Remove all screw covers on the bottom of your PS2.
    4.Remove all 8 or 10 screws with a phillips screw driver(remember where the long and small screws belong,mark them somehow if that helps to remember where they belong)
    5.remove the top cover of the PS2.
    6.Now you will see the ps2 drive(black with a white circle in the middle)now remove the lens cover plate(it is black and has a total of 6 screws).
    7.Turn On Your PS2.
    8.Eject The PS2 Tray And Turn Off Your PS2.
    9.Now You Should be able to see the lens and everything around it.
    10.look for a little white round dial that may be partially covered.
    11.after you have located this dial Mark where it is set at with a marker or pencil.
    12. Now keep turn the dial counter clockwise until it the Ps2 lens drops(you will see the black lens module go down).Now turn on your ps2 and insert the ps2 game that used to say "Disc Read Error",does the game load? if it does then you are done. If it does not load then you need to turn the dial some more.keep turning the little dial and checking if the cd reads. it may take a while to find the spot on the dial so that it can read properly, but it is worth the time since it saves you money on buying a new PS2 Lens. "

I just took it apart and cleaned it thoroughly and turned the dial. I don't know if it was one or the other or a combination of the two, but my Swap Disc works fine now. I suggest that anyone that has my problem to do this method. It worked for me. If the dial turning doesn't work the first time, revert it to where it was to begin with. That's what I had to do, and like I said, it works fine now. Good Luck.

(this really worked for me :-D)