1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noob ps2 questions from an xbox guy

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by cubcake1, Jan 4, 2005.

1. cubcake1

cubcake1 Member

Thinking of modding PS2, just a few quick questions as they relate to xbox.

Can you install a HD and backup your games like you can with the xbox? Can you back them up from the PS2 like the xbox or do you do it thru a computer?

Is there a "dashboard" similar to what slayers has for the xbox for the PS2? Are there apps that can be loaded to it, similar to XBMC?

If you have backups on a HD, do you have to use a chip installed or is there a "soft" way to access the games on a HD?

Is online play banned with a chip installed?

Can an external dvd rom be installed? or perhaps replace the internal drive?

Xbox has a premo site for all questions xbox modding, xbox scene, is there a premo site for playstation modding?

Will I get fussed at for asking questions that probably have been asked a thousand times? :)

Thanks group!

2. Ammodude

Ammodude Member

You can install a hard drive(up to 137 GB) and install games on it. Check out these sites for all the info. www.ps2nfo.com and www. ps2ownz.com (the HDD forum)

3. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

you can install a harddrive up to 2 terabytes with the lba 48(?) bit patch of hd advanced. and ys, you can do it through the ps2, or pc if you prefer.

and i dont think there is a dashboard similar to the xbox's, but idk, might be depending on what chip you got. and yes there are apps that can be loaded onto it, depending on what chip you got.

and what do you mean "soft" way, and if you have back ups on the harddrive just use hd loader/hd advanced.

and no, online play isnt banned on most games, i believe socom 2 is the only exception so far. and you dont get "banned" i think just suspended, so just disable chip and use original.

and no, and external dvd-rom cant be added

and you might try the sites ps2-scene.org or ps2ownz.com

and hopefully you wont get fussed at unless someone has their panties in a bunch.