1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob question, how do I hook up my PS2 to my HDTV?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by corn, Apr 27, 2007.

1. corn

corn Guest

My friend came into town, and he brought God of War II, and I thought it would look best if we played it on our HDTV. However, I place the Audio/Video cables in the AV2 slot and nothing shows up. The television is a Vizio, we also have soround sound hook up, if that has anything to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2007
  2. Orbstah

Orbstah Member

hi,
    From what i am lead to believe if you want edtv on ps2 you need to use the ps2 component cables.

these cables are not the standard yellow, white and red cables that come with the ps2.

ps2 only outputs at 480p so its not true high def but is does give it progessive scan so the image is rock solid.

Your HDTV will also need a component input connection.

As for booting in edtv am i right in thinking you need to hold a key down during booting of the game to access the 480p mode ?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  3. corn

corn Guest

Very helpful. I went to sleep last night, I'll see what I can do.

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Use the PS2s digital optical out. Connect it to your surround system if you can.

And yes buy some PS2 Component Video cables and set the PS2 to output a 480p video signal at a 16:9 or Widescreen resolution. Also change the audio output to Bitstream (or Dolby Digital I can't remember) so that you feed your surround system a surround sound audio signal.

Ced