1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noob question - how do i rip "mix" cd's

Discussion in 'Audio' started by slinkymp3, Dec 15, 2004.

1. slinkymp3

slinkymp3 Member

hi, is it posible to rip music "mix" cd's into mp3's so that when i play it back it doesnt have gaps so the mixing is preserved...

i have EAC installed and working...

2. dougal58

dougal58 Regular member

Hi Slinkymp3.
    You just rip with your usual software and All you have to do is select no gaps with nero before you burn the album.
    Hope this helps.

3. slinkymp3

slinkymp3 Member

hi, thanks for that. ok. managed to rip loads of cd's, so i have created a new MP3 compilation in nero, please could you point me to the menu where i can burn without gaps? as i have searched all the options. i may have missed it of course... :)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  4. slinkymp3

slinkymp3 Member

ok, i have burned the tracks. i think the gaps are removed so thats cool. one problem though i think the tracks are recorded in alphabetical order!! not good for mix cd! any help would be appreciated.

5. dougal58

dougal58 Regular member

Hi slinky
    Sorry a bit late getting back to you,Been very busy,All you have to do is after you rip the tracks to your hard drive is right click the mp3 files 1 at a time and select rename,rename them as 01 02 03 etc according to the tracklist on the cover,
    Hope this helps you,If i can be of any help just ask.
    Cheers.

6. slinkymp3

slinkymp3 Member

thanks for the reply, dont worry i know how it is.. ;-)

yes ive just resigned myself to that task!! its just annoying that windows has a track number column so it knows about the order of the tracks and yet nero does not! i hope they change this situation as it would make the task a whole lot easier.
    thanx!