1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob Questions Guys

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Phil333, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Phil333

Phil333 Guest

Hi.

I recently bought an old PSP off my mate for £40. It's a bit worn but seems to work fine.

Basically I want to be able to download games onto a memory card and play them instead of wasting $$£$£ buying them.

Sooooo.. I read the main sticky and it seems quite straightforward once you figure out what version you have. (I think mine is 2.0)

Then, in another thread I saw something about upgrading to 3.0E or something and using a simple ISO folder when you plug in your memory card to PC.

Since the sticky hasn't been updated since last year.. could somebody tell me what the best thing to do is, to play these ISOs, and what risks are involved.

Many thanks.

2. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

You need to downgrade to 1.5 before you can upgrade to 3.02 OE / 3.03 OE. You need to double check what your current firmware is and then use the relevant downgrader.

3. Phil333

Phil333 Guest

Ok thanks.

So once I downgrade then upgrade.. I can play any downloaded ISO game for PSP?

What firmware should I aim to update to? What is best for playing ISOs and stuff, most reliable? Also, what program or thing (devhook etc..) should I use?

Also when plugging my PSP in, with the memory card in the PSP, would I just open the PSP folder/drive on my PC, and everything I add to it will go on the memory card?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2007
  4. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

Yes just plug the PSP into your PC and put the PSP in USB Mode. Select the relevant drive in My Computer and copy what you need onto the PSP.

You can play ISOs on 1.5 but you need to install Devhook emulator so the best option is to get the PSP to 1.5 and then upgrade to 3.03OE-B (you will need to upgrade to 3.03OE-A before you can do OE-B).
    3.03OE lets you play ISOs straight off the Memory Card without the need for an emulator like Devhook.

5. Phil333

Phil333 Guest

Awesome cheers.

SO

: Download to 1.5
    : Upgrade to 3.03OE-A
    : Upgrade to 3.03OE-B

That's it right?

(I have to buy a 1gb/2gb memory card first of course)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2007
  6. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

Yeah that's right. You could downgrade to 1.5 with just the 32mb card but the update to 3.03OE-A requires more than 32mb.