1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noob w/ new burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vincent85, Mar 23, 2004.

1. vincent85

vincent85 Guest

HI, i have a TOSHIBA DVD-BURNER SD-R6012. WHEN I BUNR IT WAS SUCESSFUL, BUT AFTER THAT I FIND OUT THAT IT IS EMPTY JUST LIKE NOTHING.
    MY BRUNER SUPORT DVD-R AND I USING MEDIA DVD-R FUJIFILM.
    SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!

2. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

Hi vincent,

It's a little bit hard to try to help with the information you gave, so please elaborate your problem a little:
    -What burning software did you use?
    -Did the burner burn anything onto the disc, I mean if you put into a burning program again will it say empty (meaning you can use it again) or did it ruin the disc by writing the lead-in but then no data?
    -What were you trying to burn? A movie (in file format or as an image .iso) or data?
    -Is this the first time you used your burner or do you have previous succesfull burns made with it?

The problem might be in your software, hardware or media, so by giving a little bit more info we might have a better change of helping you out! ;)

In case it is a software problem, try using Nero following this guide http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burning_dvd_with_nero.cfm
    or for Nero5 this guide
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/nero.htm

I surely hope you get your problem fixed.

3. vincent85

vincent85 Guest

i am using NERO 6, ALCOHOL, DVD DECREPTER, ALL OF THEM DIDN'T WORK FOR ME
    MY MEDIA IS FIJIFILM DVD-R, SONY DVD-R, TDK DVD-R
    MY DVD-BURNER SUPPORT DVD-R

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2004
  4. vincent85

vincent85 Guest

it ruin the disc by writing the lead-in but then no data!!!! yes that problems is here, can someone help me!!!!!!!!

5. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

Ok, that helps a bit.

So what you could do is to check that you have the latest firmware

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=750

Don't use the patched firmwares unless you really have to, since you will lose the warranty of the drive (if there is one), so go for the newest regular firmware.

Another suggestion: use only DVD-RW discs until you have the problem fixed, so that you will not ruin any more DVD-R discs.

Did you try to burn DVD movie files onto the disc? Did you use exactly the settings given in the guide?

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burning_dvd_with_nero.cfm

Did you try to make a backup of an original DVD? If yes had this DVD more than 4.38GB of data on it. I didn't see any compression program in your list, so if it was a DVD-9 containing more data than what fits one DVD-R disc, you would need a compression software like DVD Shrink to do that.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2004
  6. vincent85

vincent85 Guest

hi, thank you for your help, i hope it help, or i have to bring it back to the seller and get another!!!!

7. pa104inf

pa104inf Regular member

I have a suggestion first try to burn a data disk and then read it to see if it put stuff there.

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

When you are ripping, are you ripping in file mode or Ifo mode? Try using DVD shrink for ripping and while setting it up, go to Edit, preferences, File I/O and check burn with Nero. This will cause nero to burn automatically and almost always successfully. Try a movie with a file size of under 6 gigs and choose full disk and then back up. Be sure to deselect subtitles and foreign language audio. Nero is not all that intuitive and it will burn coasters if all is not right with your rip.