1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noobie questions on DVDFab platinum

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rfranz, Jul 16, 2007.

1. rfranz

rfranz Guest

I just downloaded the trial version of DVDFab platinum, and wanted to make back up copies of a few of my dvds. I have a fairly new computer...Windows XP...and it exceeds all the minimum specs. The computer has two DVD drives...both DVD dual layered writers, so I put the original movie in one and the blank dvd media (TDK DVD+R DL) in the other drive. I tried copying "Abominable" using both the whole disc and clone options, and while the movie copies fine I can't get the trailors or special features to play. The disc just freezes when I try to select the additional material. (I am playing them on a Panasonic DVD/VCR recorder that supports dual layer media.)
    I also tried coping ECW One night stand---using the clone method---and it won't even play on my DVD player. The other video I copied (which fit in a single disc and didn't require a dual layer) recorded fine.
    Any info on why the other two didn't work would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to this. I used to use DVD Xcopy (Perfect for people like me) and it always worked great, but I heard good things about this program so maybe i'm just doing something wrong.

2. flywilley

flywilley Member

I'm still a bit new to burning myself but maybe I can get you started. First check your dvdfab is set to copy 'entire dvd' and not just 'movie'. Also, I've learned that sometimes you just have to allow the movie to be copied to the hard drive and then burn it. Just pick a folder for it to be ripped to. Once ripped then you can burn it. It may take a little longer than burning on the fly but you will get a better quality back up. What program are you using to burn with? Nero 7 works well with dvdfab.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  3. Berryone

Berryone Regular member