1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noobish Question

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Macman11, May 17, 2007.

1. Macman11

Macman11 Member

My PSP's diskdrive appears to be broken. It might have something to do with it being in my bag while my brother was chucking it halfway across the playground, but anyway, it's stopped working, ie, it won't load any UMDs I put in there. Now, because of that, there are a lot of titles that I want, yet it would be pointless to buy them, as I wouldn't be able to play them. So, I would like to know if there is anyway to see what's wrong with the disk, and if there's anyway to fix, or maybe just a way to rip the games onto my computer from the disk, and them put them on my memory stick. Please, for the love of God, don't flame me, I haven't had time to have a look around on the forums, I just need an answer.

So, uh, any help would be greatly appreciated, as I don't have the time or download cap to go around modding my PSP.

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

What's your firmware? you most definitely need to downgrade. But either way, you'll want to have your UMD disk drive fixed. Some games needs a UMD in the drive to work.

3. Macman11

Macman11 Member

I believe it's the Sony 3.03, I haven't dabbled with homebrew firmware yet, and I don't want to downgrade. I have downloaded some demos onto it, and they run fine.

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

With 3.03 you need your umd working. Because in order to downgrade, you will need run an unpatched gta: liberty story umd.