1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOOBS GUIDE TO PSP 3.72 HX-1

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jinx4555, Nov 8, 2007.

1. jinx4555

jinx4555 Member

Click Here to Get the "Easy Installer"
    It's just a set of folders containing all the files needed to update
    that have already been renamed and inserted into the correct folders.
    All you have to do is follow the Install Notes Listed Below.

Get the files from Speedyshare

Release Notes:

Original Release By: HellDashX
    Tested By: Coolj on PSP FAT 3.71 m33 w/kernel 1.50 and PSP Slim 3.71 m33-2
    Guide and File Layout By: JinxVorheeze

Known Issues:
    Kernel 1.50 is not currently supported, but HellDashX is currently working on a fix which should be released in the next few days.

Official 3.72 Firmware Changes:

You can now set a theme under [Theme Settings].

The home menu color, background and icons for XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) will change, based on the
    theme that is selected.

You can now search for a scene when playing a movie that is saved on Memory Stick Duo media.

You can select and play the scene you want to see from a thumbnail image.

Simultaneous playback of content under (Music) and (Photo) is now supported.

Support for PLAYSTATION ®Network titles has been expanded.

[Assign Buttons] has been added to the (Remote Play) menu.

Sequential playback of videos saved on Memory Stick Duo™ media is now supported.

Remote Play Ability to Turn on and Off your PS3 for Remote Play Access using your PSP
    from anywhere there is an internet connection.

Install Notes: You Must be Running CFW 3.71 M33 or CFW 3.71 M33-2 for this to Work Properly

1. Copy the PSP Folder to the ROOT of your Memory Stick (Overwriting the current PSP Folder)
    2. Go to the XMB and Access Games, then Memory Stick, then Run the Updater
    3. When the updater is finished Running BE SURE TO PUSH 'X' OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PSP! DO NOT
    MANUALLY TURN OFF THE PSP! PUSH THE 'X' BUTTON LIKE THE ONSCREEN INSTRUCTIONS TELL YOU TOO!
    4. Enjoy the new Features (Don't Worry, HellDashX isn't gunna leave you hanging on the 1.50 Kernel Mode)

Questions and Answers

Q. Will PSOne Games Still Work on my PSP
    A. Not until the 1.50 Kernel Addon is released within the next few days

Q. Is this gunna brick my PSP?
    A. All Downgraders have a risk of Bricking. This one is fairly safe.

Q. Do I need this update?
    A. Do you own a PS3? If yes, then Ask yourself how much you use Remote Play, As the Remote Play Function will
    not work with your FW Ver. 2.0 PS3 if you only have CFW 3.71 M33 or 3.71 M33-2 PSP Firmware. Meaning..... If
    you updated your PS3 to version 2.0 Today.... do not expect Remote Play Funcionality Without this Firmware.

Q. Where did Dark_AleX go?
    A. Hopefully Somewhere Tropical.

Q. I didn't hit 'X' when the update told me to, I manually turned off my PSP. Now All I get is the power light
    and a blank screen. Now what?
    A. Get a Pandora's Battery or make one Yourself using a friends PSP. Also learn to Read... the Directions clearly
    told you not to manually turn off the PSP.

2. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

So ... which is better? 3.72 HX or the 3.71 M33? Its all the same except the update right? and is the the VSH menu?

3. kewljohn

kewljohn Member

hi,need help please.. i have upgraded my 3.71 m33-3 to 3.72 by sony firmware without knowing that it wouldnt play homebrew games anymore.. damn.. and my question is that does CFW 3.72Hx can play homebrew games and can i upgrade my 3.72 firmware to it? or should i downgrade it back to 3.71 m33 and just wait for the upcoming custom firmware by dark alex?