1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOONE KNOWS IF YOU can play PS1 GAMES with USB HOST0 AND IR????

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by iZAMURAi, Sep 21, 2007.

1. iZAMURAi

iZAMURAi Member

is it any way possible to play the ps1 games? or is it only isos and apps? Would you have to put the eBoot next to the isos? because next to the isos i have a ps1 folder. With all my game folders in there, and there corresponding eboot inside. It doesnt launch. It turns black and freezes. Anyone who knows how to do it right, please let me in. Thanks

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

My PSX games work fine with iRshell via USBhost.

I have mine placed in the USBhost folder where my ISO PSP files are.

The directory I have it in is as follows...

/USBHOST/RAYMAN/EBOOT.PBP

/USBHOST/Final Fantasy VII CD1/EBOOT.PBP

/USBhost/Civilization2/EBOOT.PBP

All i do is connect the USBhost and go to the RAYMAN/Final Fantasy VII CD1/Civilization2 directory folder and launch the EBOOT.PBP and it starts fine.

The only PSX game I did have issues with was BreathOfFire4. Which I have issues playing that on 3.52 M33-4 firmware normal method anyway. I fix that issue by loading popsloader and using the 3.40 pops version.

The issue now is I don't know how or if it is possible to load the popsplugin via iRshell so i could choose the 3.40 pops version. All iRshell is doing now is using the default 3.52 kernel which will not let BreathOfFire4 run.

I am running 3.52 m33-4 iRshell 3.62 in case you wanted to know.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  3. iZAMURAi

iZAMURAi Member

thanks for the response larry.. Noone would give me an answer for a while, i have my eboot and keys of games also in there 'named' folder all inside a folder called 'ps1' nexxtt to my isos and usbhost. So when i launch usbhosts and let it sit, then run irshell and go into the directory. it connects cool, i can play my isos fine.
    [sometimes it freezes] but i go into the ps1 folder which is light grey when all my isos are dark grey and i click on any of my 'games' in there which are ps1 folders, and when i click on a game folder with its eboot and keys in there, i launch the eboot but an error shows up that it cant be started. I have my kernel set at 1.50 on the recovery. On IRshell, i believe you can change the kernel for that right? does that have anything to do with anything? thanks larry

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It should work.

What CFW do you have installed or are you running 1.50?

Try dragging the PSX game folder itself into the USBhost folder and try it that way.

5. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

thanks again larry ;]... i tried that too for me. That didnt work. Im at 3.52m33-4.. at 1.50 kernel. What else you got bro? It sucks because usbhosts is perfect for me because i have a lot of games and my 4gb hasnt came in yet. Only got a 2. And my ps1 games are about 500mb around each. Me and zamurai are having the same problem

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have no idea why it isn't working for you.

They work and start fine for me.

You are selecting the EBOOT.PBP and not the key file correct?

7. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

yeah, im selecting the eboot. it says an error and cant be started... im on irshell 3.62.. dayng. What can be going on. You have your in usbhosts folder. and thats where you keep your isos too? is it setup the same as mine? ps1 folder with folders of games with eboots inside them?

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

No I don't have a PS1 folder.

I just have the PSX game folder in the USBhost folder.

So you have...

/USBhost/PS1/PSX GAME FOLDER/EBOOT.PBP

I have...

/USBhost/PSP GAME FOLDER/EBOOT.PBP

But it shouldn't make a difference.

What PSX game you trying to play?

9. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

i dont keep them in usbhosts [the one it came with when downloaded ?] yeahh.. just use my 'iso n games' folder. i have all my isos in there, along with usbhosts to launch,along with a folder called ps1, with folders with the name of my ps1 games, then inside those folders are eboots and keys. i tried all my ps1 games, area51, strider 2, dance dance revolution, tekken 3, crash bandicoot 3, tony hawk 2.... nothing will read. I was hoping it would work. You think it has anything to do with the kernel?. It launches perfectly when its under game menu on my xmb. I dont know why its giving me an error. Ill type exactly what the error says in a little bit..

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Well I downloaded strider 2 and it started fine for me. I am waiting on Crash 3 to get done so i can test that out.

When you say your running kernel 1.50 is there a place to select the kernel in iRshell? Or are you talking about the GAME FOLDER kernel in recovery menu? I have mine set to 3.52 there.

11. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

well in recovery, i have set it to 1.50 for purposes like psptube and others. And yeah in irshell i believe you can change the kernel in irshell. Its not at 1.5. Im going to mess around with it a bit and see if you can help me. Im sure its not the games because like you said, strider 2 works fine which is an outstanding game by the way. all my ps1 games arent working so it must be configurations wise.

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Let me know what the error message says when you get it again.

13. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

just tried it at 3.52 kernel and it says Error Loading Application and below that it says 80020001. I dont know how you got it working. your on the latest IR right? 3.62?
    >> oh and is your folder with the ps1 games light grey? or is it dark grey like the isos? mines is light grey. and the game name folders are light grey and the eboot and keys is in white.

14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Alright try this.

Hit L & R triggers at the same time.

does the Square option say "Switch to higher fw ir shell"?

Or does it say "switch to fw 1.5 iR Shell?

If it says "Switch to higher fw ir shell" press Square so it boots the 3.52 FW and try the PSX game.

15. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

It says switch to firmware 1.5. So im guessing im already on the one your on. Dayng! What to do.
    >> i feel like making a video just to have you inspect it. I think im going to..a lttle quick one with my low quality camera phone and upload it on youtube. Unless theres a quicker way to upload a video? Photobucket? Thats if you dont got anymore ideas

16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Are you sure you installed iRshell correctly?

If you feel like it try doing the below.

Backup your Memory Stick to PC. Then format it. Now reinstall iRshell with the file below.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1bkm9e

I already merged 3.6 and 3.62 together which is in the iRshell 3.62 folder (These are the files I used). So just go to the iRshell 3.62 folder and drag IRSHELL/PSP/SEPLUGINS over to your root. Overwrite ALL if it asks.

You might need to go into recovery and enable iRshell plugin again.

When you have done this try the PSX games.

If it works just drag your other homebrew and gamesave files over to the Memory Stick (Make sure you don't drag any of the iRshell files you had on the backup MS)