1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Normalizing Audio CD's

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Dave3093, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Dave3093

Dave3093 Member

Wondering if someone could help me with this. In the past I've burnt CDs from various sources without normalizing and have ended up racing for the the stereo when one or two songs blasted much louder than the others. Have just downloaded some older music and attempted to burn with Nero Express enabling the normalize audio feature. While it worked and all tracks leveled off, it seemed that the punch/feeling present in normally brighter upbeat songs was missing and felt kind of flat.

I guess I'm not sure exactly what this feature does or how it exactly works, but am wondering if this might one of the downfalls. Possibly there's an advanced feature that could tweak the output.

If anyone could help me on this would be greatly appreciated.

Tks

2. undine

undine Regular member

3. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

If your source is MP3 try MP3 Gain.

4. Dave3093

Dave3093 Member

Thanks Undine, I downloaded the frontend and it seems to hold a little more of the warmth of the original so I used it. The output was definately lower than Nero and had to constantly adjust the volume control to compare one normalizing vs the other vs the original. WaveGain's a little trickier in that it alters the original so you have to make a copy on your hard drive before you make any changes. Thanks for the tip!!

Thanks OlyTeddy for the mp3 advise. These were however, wav files downloaded from Usenext as flac files.

Appreciate the time you both took to help !!

Dave