1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

norton antivirus

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by FullySik, Dec 24, 2004.

1. FullySik

FullySik Guest

i have norton antivirus corporate edition on my computer. yesterday i bought norton antivirus 2005 and when i go to install it it says u have norton antivirus corporate edition installed and u first must remove it before you can put 2005. i am running winxp so i went to add/remove programs i clicked on remove and an error came up that said "fatal error during installation" ive tried several times and the same thing happens every time. any ideas????

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

have you turned off norton's autoprotect? I remember when I upgraded mine I had to shut it off completely in order to uninstall it.

3. FullySik

FullySik Guest

i right clicked the icon and clicked on enable real time prothection to take of the tick that was on it then the icon had a cross through it still didnt work

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

You can try going into safemode to uninstall norton.

If i can remember right, when I installed norton internet security, norton internet security uninstalled norton 2003 for me and then installed NIS.