1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

norton ghost clone

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by neptune, Feb 15, 2007.

1. neptune

neptune Regular member

i did a clone drive backup .have a hard drive with 18.6 gb >>>>used space 10.5 and cloned it to another hard drive with norton ghost .the second drive is a 12 gb hard drive . after cloneing i get used space >>9.33. i am missing 1.2 gb.mind you that this is old windows 98 lol.i did an exact clone but dont get the same gb amount. and i tried to unhook first drive and tried second by it self and it wont boot like planned. what is wrong here .thanks for any help on this .boot files missing or something ? is it that i did not have show hidden files and folders checked

is there any way on this earth to get the second drive to boot. all i want second drive for is a back up in case first drive dies.i know windows 98 does not record your hard ware . so is there a way i can pop that in any pc and it will fire.i can view second drive when both are hooked up. i browsed threw the second and the files look the same as first . but wont boot by it self. i am missing something

This wizard lets you copy the contents of your drive directly to another location. This feature is useful when upgrading to a larger hard drive.

Unlike the Create Recovery Point wizard, Copy Drives does not create a recovery point file. Instead, it duplicates your drive directly to another drive.

This wizard cannot be used to copy to a network drive or removable media.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  2. neptune

neptune Regular member

i got it :) i just moved jumper on 2nd drive to master and it fired rite up:) still dont know why it was like 1 gb short on the cloning

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Actually, the purpose of ghosting the way you did it, is to be able to clone the backup drive back to the original drive, in the event of a problem. Doing it this way there is no need to change the jumpers to make the backup drive boot up. The original drive will boot again.