1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NORTON INTERNET SECURITY HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by boogerfac, Feb 3, 2005.

1. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

can you not see -boogerfac- is running 2 antiviruses in the pics. you cannot run 2 antiviruses at the same time...that probably whats causing the problem.

I stand corrected if -boogerfac- says different.

2. elliott

elliott Regular member

No I cannot see the pics my pc is running xpsp2 with enhanced security.If he is running two its causing a conflict but I stand by my advise to get rid of norton.

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

when my subscription is up I just might try panda but I have never had one issue with norton.

But to each his own with antivirus programs.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

norton site supposedly has/had a virus on their update site, a friend found it there. have a customer with norton 2003 with all updates didn't see the 13 viruses that avg7 found, he was not impressed!!

5. elliott

elliott Regular member

Here is what I learned when I had my problem Norton uses 32mb of ram to operate, it integrates deeply into your system, recent articles in PC world have shown that it doesn't integrate well with XP security center. Yet for several years now PCMag and PCWorld have given it high marks until this year when they rated Panda and Trend Micro very Highly. I work on PC's and most of those are running MCAfee so why am I removing viruses hmmmmm. The best selling doesn't mean the best and no trap is full proof.
    I use AVG 7.0 free edtion it updates itself every time I get on the web for dial up for broadband it runs on its own and it scans my machine every day not just when I indicate.
    I also use Panda online for backup protection once a Month. I use Zone Alarm free edition, and on my laptop I use OmniQuad Personal Firewall free edition.
    These have not failed me, in addition I use Spyware Blaster and Spyware Guardian both free and to back that up I use Adaware 1.05.
    I take security seriously as I have had to deal with an infection and I want prevention not a cure. I also install these into every PC I work on and the customers are always surprised and how much faster their system is and that it's free with a minor learning curve.

6. ddp

me, i haven't used norton on my system in years as been using avg6 for about 3 plus years & now avg7. use free version of zone alarm on cable, do an online scan with antivirus.com free housecall. use ad-aware se & spybot s&d but have others to use when working on customers' computers

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I took a look at Panda Titanium Antivirus 2005 and it has a boring interface, thats probably why it doesn't use a alot of system resources unlike Norton Internet security.

I love Norton and thats all I have ever used but if somthing is better and cheaper then Im all for it.

Who here can vouch for Panda antivirus? As I dont wanna pay for somthing Im gonna regret.

8. elliott

elliott Regular member

I have only used the Panda online scan but it even finds spyware which no other antivirus does you can read about it online at pcworld.com or try using AVG 7.0 free edition if you don't like it you didn't pay for it. however if you read this post another memember states he has used it for over 3years and so have I. You can't lose it's free at www.grisoft.com

9. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Norton Antivirus does the same thing

I think I will give Panda a go since they give me a 30day free trial and see what I think.

Thanks.

10. ddp

geestar, do an online scan with antivirus.com free housecall to confirm no viruses not reported by norton as i stated about customer with 13 viruses & norton 2003

11. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

will do so, and give an update but I have no issues with anything just curious of whats out there/their

12. ddp

there not their as "there is" instead of "their property"

13. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

thats what I said....HA!

Example:

Its right THUR!

14. ddp

thursday not tuesday

15. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

Norton is like McDonalds..all hype and pretty packaging, but the product itself is crap. I agree with DDP, use a free antivirus (avast isnt bad) and ZoneAlarm. I used Norton Before, hell my subscription is still good, but i had the same kind of problems as you. I decided that if the program cant even take care of itself theres no way in hell im leaving the security of my computer to it!

16. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Thats what I said...turd not poop

Like I said I have had no issues with Norton at all and it (Norton) has kept my pc bug free for 2 years now. just wanna test the waters with some other antivirus programs.

I had a bad experience with AVG where i had a few trojans finding them selves right at home in my computer, so AVG is way out of the picture for me.

17. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

antivirus.com free housecall found no signs of viruses :D

18. ddp

good as did same thing with a customer today who thought norton 2004 wasn't doing its job. online scan found 0 viruses so is taking back norton security 2005 for refund