1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton vs Trend Micro

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by gtea11, Mar 14, 2007.

1. gtea11

gtea11 Member

Hi,

We're about to get DSL wireless for the home (upgrade from dial up) and our norton internet security software is out of date. I'm a college student and have a choice of discounted norton or macphee security suites, etc., but had also heard of trendmicro (spy trendmicro) and was told it was a little more user friendly than norton (less warnings and so on). Our set up will be a dsl modem with the desktop connected and a my laptop will use a wireless connection. Later on, it might be possible that both will be on wireless and will be connected to each other as a home network. I use my laptop at wifi hotspots on campus and coffee shops, so it needs to be useful for that. The internet (att) provider sets up a firewall and network key, but I think I might get Geek Squad/Circuit City to come out and secure it with their encryption--is that recommended? Anyway, with that situation, which software--norton/trendmicro--is best for us? My parents do some banking and a lot of email and I bank, shop, email, everything on my laptop, so I really need to know if one software has features over the other that would help with identity theft/spyware/etc. Thanks for the time, I really appreciate your input.

Ashley

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

3. mackdl

mackdl Regular member