1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nortons firewall is blocking DC++ searches..

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by goljat, Apr 12, 2005.

1. goljat

goljat Member

So I have Norton Internet Security 2005. Some how its blocking my search on DC++ but it doesn't work if I turn off firewall.. How can I get DC++ work again?
    I don't know is it Norton what is blocking but I don't what else that could be.
    Please help and thanks.

Just after I post this I notice that threads name is wrong. It should be Norton Internet Security is ....

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  2. goljat

goljat Member

Now I'm prety sure that it isn't norton what is blocking because I uninstalled that. I have windows xp and sp1. I also have telewell ea716, but is shouldn't do any effect because on other computer what is connected to same modem, dc search is working.
    Help please!

3. Rob_G

Rob_G Member

Hi Goljat Do you use a router? if so u need to go onto your router cofig page (normally 192.168.2.1 but not always) and configure the DMZ to allow the Router to place you outside of the built in firewall (not a problem if ur using firewall software) once you have done this go to www.whatismyip.com/ to get your correct ip and make sure that is typed into connection settings in DC++!! if you do not use a Router just do the last step (go to www.whatismyip.com/ to get your correct ip and make sure that is typed into connection settings in DC++!!) Let me know if this helps at all