1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a rookie. . . . .but I have a question

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Bishop2, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Bishop2

Bishop2 Guest

Love the posts guys. . . .you all have helped me out a lot. Have been making backup copies for some time (with never an error). . . .started having consistent errors now though. Thinking it's a hardware issue but wanted to ask the pros. . . .I primarily use Clonedvd2 with Anydvd running in the bkg. Have the current updates of both installed. I have been getting that nasty cyclic redundancy check error a lot. It's not a matter of dirty disks. . .I just tried to back up a few brand new, clean as heck disks, and I get the error. I also get the error when trying to make a second backup of a backup. I get a certain percentage into the reading phase and then get the error. Also not a 'dirty disk' issue because they are brand new and spotless. I have however, just successfully backed up an older movie (1991) without the error. Any suggestions. I have done a lot of reading on this issue but it all points to dirty disks. I have backed up TONS of disks, as I own a lot of them. Getting the error a lot now. Almost every time I try new titles. I would appreciate any help you can provide. I have also tried crappy x-copy, dvdshrink (with dvddecryptor). Always getting the errors. Thanks in advance guys. You're the best.

2. Bishop2

Bishop2 Guest

Still having that same problem. . . .cannot complete the deep analysis in either dvdclone2 or dvd shrink3.2. . . .. .

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

The only thing I can think of, is have you de-fragged & disc clean uplately?
    Have you tried not using deep analysis, & does shrink have an ignor read errors box to tick? Although I do not use decryptor, Does that have an ignore read errors box too?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

What version of anydvd do you have? the latest beta version is out 4.5.1.1.

5. Bishop2

Bishop2 Guest

Thanks so much for the reply. . . . this is killing me! I have not done a de-frag with this system yet. It's only a few months old (2.8gig P4, 512, 160ghd) and I haven't installed a lot on it so I can keep it running well. I will do that though. I also have not tried without the deep analysis. I will see if dvdclone2 and/or dvdshrink let me do that (more familiar with dvdclone2). I have also run into problems using the software that came with the system (recorn now) to back up a back up. Get the same error. Since posting earlier I have tried two new movies. . .and a few backups. . . .same cyclic redundancy error. I do appreciate your help. Frustrating.

6. Bishop2

Bishop2 Guest

BTW, I'm using the latest version of AnyDvd to avoid the new sony protection on disks like; Res Evil and Little Black Book. Thanks again

7. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I de-frag mine almost every night!! At least every 4-5 movies I back up. I think you need to think seriously about doing it!

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

OK, have you tried entering the cyclic redundancy error in the site search engine. I have never had the prob myself, but there are many who have. Worth a go I think!

9. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

maybe conflict with another burning program, like roxio. roxio causes all kinds of errors with other programs.

10. Bishop2

Bishop2 Guest

Thanks guys. I have de-fragged . . . .same prob. I was having no problems until this week. Didn't really do any new installs or anything. Just started getting the crc error over and over. Now it happens with almost all titles I try to back up. HAve tried in the preference settings of dvdshrink and clonedvd2 to disable the pre-scan of the movie, but I can't avoid it by changing the settings. Really at a loss. I have a Philips 16x dvd+rw dvd8601. Thanks for your help guys.

11. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Have you tried cleaning the lens? You may have to physically clean it as opposed to using a lens cleaner.

12. Bishop2

Bishop2 Guest

That will be my next move bro. Thanks.

13. Bishop2

Bishop2 Guest

Starting to be pretty convinced that it's a bad component in the drive. I have backed up about 160 disks with no prob, and now. . .nothing. Thanks again guys. Love the forums.
    -Bishop2. . . .a soon to be addict.

14. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Have you another drive to isolate the prob? I've just ordered another 2 108s (£30 each!) for my system. That will make it 4 that I have.
    Then I want a plextor ROM in a USB enclosure to sit atop my PC. Next to my 120gig zip.
    Then I want a 75gig 10000rpm western dig HD to sit with the other 3HDDs I have. I think I will need to have 2 PSUs at this rate!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  15. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

is DMA on? you can find out with nero info tools

16. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Not sure that DMA is the prob here. Worth a try, but I just don't think it is!

17. Bishop2

Bishop2 Guest

Thanks again guys. Planning to try some things out today. I appreciate your help/suggestions. The process was so easy that I knew something was going to happen eventually. Ciao.

18. 64026402

64026402 Active member

It is a bad sector copy protection and depending on your drives capability may be diffecult to get around.
    Have you tried Anydvd to control the drive speed. set it for slow and quiet.
    On the most difficult ones I use DVDdecrypter at 1x in device settings. It always works on my NEC 2500s and 3500s. My NEC 1300s won't slow to 1x manually and will not work on these.

19. Bishop2

Bishop2 Guest

I will try that. . . . the thing that bothers me is that I have done about 160 back-ups with little difficulty. I just started seeing this error over and over. I can't get past the analysis stage in any software that I use. I am running Anydvd 4.5.1.1 (the newest beta version to get around Sony ARccOS
    protection" as found on "Resident Evil - Apocalypse" or "Little Black Book). Was burning left right and centre until I started getting the error. Now I get the CRC error even when I try to back-up a back-up (in this case the analysis stage in dvdclone2 or shrink, for example, is instant. . . . .but I reach a certain point in the reading stage when the error comes up). With new movies, I rarely get past the analysis stage before I get the error. How far I get into the analysis of a new movie is variable, but always the same for each movie. I will try your suggestion right away though. Thanks for all your input guys. It's so great to be able to get some help!

20. 64026402

64026402 Active member

If your getting the error on most movies now then it probably is hardware, try a different reader. If you can't retrieve the files off a copy then test the DVD for errors. I recently lost a burner but it was easy to test because I have other burners to check with. It had burning problems but no reading problems.