1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a valid PS 2 Disc ?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by duveed, Jan 12, 2005.

1. duveed

duveed Member

This is the message I receive when I load my backups (Decrypter,SM 3.3, slide tool,Memorex dvd-r 8x burnt at 1x

2. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

dude u must have loaded the game incorrectly some where inthe process.

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

even if you are loading them correctly, there are 2 problems; memorex dvd-r are not very good, and 8x media is not very good to burn ps2 games on.

4. ADEL_69

ADEL_69 Guest

that happen to me also. not a valid ps2 disc? i figure it is my cd loader and i may want to download another one just in case. i did it correctly and i read it to just to make sure

5. Ludikhris

Ludikhris Guest

8X media is not always bad.... the problem is usually people burning them with the wrong hardware. Everyone has 2X-4X hardware trying to run 8X software and wondering what is going wrong. However there is some truth in that 8X media is more commonly harder for most PS2s to read. 4X media is less of a risk oddly enough. Getting that red screen of death probably means you are booting the game wrong though.

Ludikhris

6. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

if it was a bad burn or b/c it was a bad media, it will come up either with a black screen or a frozen screen right after the insert disc from dvdloader. I think he after he swap for the disc, he press eject. I did that and got that message teh first time i use the swap disc.