1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Not a Valid PS2 Disk"..

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mv10, May 16, 2007.

1. mv10

mv10 Member

Swap Magic 3.6 arrived today and I tried playing a backup copy of a game and got this error. Weird thing is that the ps2 made an extremely weird noise, it didnt even sound like it was spinning. It was on and off.
    Anyway, the game didnt load. I burned at 2x. I then decided maybe I should try replacing the swap magic 3.6 with a REAL ps2 game just to make sure it would pick up a real disk.

Nope, not luck..

Bad Swap Magic disk or what am I doing wrong..

Thanks!

2. mv10

mv10 Member

Game mentioned above was Shrek The Third..

Tried another game.. This burned at 1x (All verbatim dvd's using Swap Magic 3.6 DVD loader).. and got the same error using NTSC (which it is), PAL, Normal Load and Special Load.

Any ideas???/

3. mv10

mv10 Member

anyone? Might I add that its a fat ps2.

4. zimsters

zimsters Member

are you using a dvdrw? or just a regular DVD?
    i had the same problems with using a dvd RW. try also playing with the pal/ntsc/normal modes upon boot, for some reason my version 3.6 only loads DVD+R's when i select pal.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Ok, a few questions
    1. what speed are the DVD's you have
    if they are above a 4X then i suggest that you burn them at 4X and not 1X
    2. what program are you burning with
    My favorite is DVD Decrypter or IMGburn
    3. What other mod does the PS2 have? I suppose you know that Swap Magic alone will not play your back up games.
    4. have you read through a few of the back up guides here in the PS2 Backup forums to make sure you are doing the process right?

6. zimsters

zimsters Member

"3. What other mod does the PS2 have? I suppose you know that Swap Magic alone will not play your back up games. "

REALLY?? i just got FIFA 2007 and super monkey ball deluxe, one NTSC and one PAL, NEITHER work with swap magic 3.6. It rips onto my external harddrive just fine, i see it on the list with usbextreme, but no luck with actually PLAYING- it just shows a black screen. could this be the reason why?? its just not compatible with swap magic?

7. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

I believe FIFA 2007 is a game you can play online, and if that is so, it has something called a DNAS check or whatever that authenticates the disc to see if it's real or not. Check under the commonly asked questions sticky here in these forums under PS2 DVD-Backup discussion section if you want to try to get it to work. As for Super Monkey Ball, it depends, how big is the game?

8. zimsters

zimsters Member

super monkeyball = 2.2gb.

as for fifa, i doubt it goes online to check cause i don't have my ethernet plugged into my ps2 :) i'll try that DNAS thingy today anyway, maybe will have some luck...

9. mv10

mv10 Member

I have Verbatim 8X DVD-Rs and have been burning at 1x and 2x.
    The weird clicking noise has gone away as I noticed that I had not been locking the disk back in place.

Im 0 for 3.
    I dont want to think its a bad burn (using Nero and DVD Decrypter) using quality media burning slow, but could it be?

Could it be anything else?

10. zimsters

zimsters Member

could be your laser no longer picks up dvdrs. try cleaning your lens.

also the whole burn at 1-2x is a myth. modern burners don't require you to do that to get a good burn...