1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not able to backup I, Robot DVD Movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sarcon7, Dec 23, 2004.

1. sarcon7

sarcon7 Member

Hi:

I followed a guide located here to backup this movie and got no positive results. The guide suggest to use the following configuration for it:

"First, it should be version 3.5.1.0. Go to "Tools", "Settings", set everything to "Default". Then in the "General" tab change, "Removal Method" from "Normal" to "Aggressive", in "File Mode", "tick" Remove IFO/BUP PUO's." For ripping in the "ISO, Read Mode", "tick" "Remove IFO/BUP PUO's" there also. in the "CSS" tab, under "CSS Cracking Method", choose "Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange" and "On Failure" choose "Yes". . IMPORTANT: In the "I / O" tab, in the bottom right, "tick" the box which says, "Ignore read errors". This is an excellent setting for dealing with lightly scratched discs which may cause ripping problems."

The ripped appear successful, I can play it on the system on a virtual drive but then, I used the Roxio 7 Disc Copier to pass it to a Imation DVD-RW. The process was sucessful the first time but when I tried to see it, I could not. Came back to my PC and tried to see the disc and got a message "Unable to recover TOC" so, I could not see it nor erase the disc.

I thought that maybe the disc was bad so, I tried again with another disc getting the same results.

I am not sure if the I, Robot movie has some sort of special protection but it is killing my media.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. mcdm

mcdm Guest

Hi Sarcon7
    I have successfully burnt irobot using Nero and shrink I have read many postings that would suggest that roxio and Nero are not compatible maybe you should remove roxio and install Nero and shrink. Use the “guides” if followed correctly will allow you to burn irobot. I should know I got myself into an awful mess
    mcdm

3. sarcon7

sarcon7 Member

Thank you for your response. I was wondering if maybe the guide wasn't meant to be used with Roxio. I will try Nero 6 and let you guys know.

Sarcon 7

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Yeah, DONT use Roxio for dvd backups.

5. sarcon7

sarcon7 Member

Got It !!, I was able to ripped it with Decrypter and burn it with Nero 6.

Thanks a lot

Sarcon7