1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not able to write +R disks

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by hymarathe, May 17, 2007.

1. hymarathe

hymarathe Member

I have Sony DRU-800A dvd writer for 2 years. Since last 2-3 months, I am not able to write DVD+R disks. 4 out 5 disks get corrupt during writing process. I use Nero 6. Tried difference methods like increasing the buffer size, writing from an image (.iso or.nrg) file, etc. Earlier, the writer was working fine and i never had any issues.

Now-a-days, even DVD-R sometimes give error, but interesting part is DVD+RW never gives any error.

Last disk i wrote, gave error and writing process failed. It had just written only one file. I tried again to write few more files (second session), it displayed burning completed but the windows explorer was displaying the first file (of first session). The Nero was displaying all files. I again wrote one more file. The burn process gave PMA error. Now, the file of the 3rd session is not getting displayed, but all 2nd session files are displaying and working fine.

Can anyone explain me what happened?

2. ireland

ireland Active member

simple question,what brand of dvd's are ye using?

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member