1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not another one...

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by EPD, May 25, 2004.

1. EPD

EPD Member

Hello, I've been loitering here for a while, but thought that it was time to post...

I'm after a chip for my v9 ps2. Having read through all of the forums I still am unsure as to which to get. I have also heard that the laser installed in some v9s is faulty and will be ruined by a chip installation. Anyone else heard this?

Anyway:

=I'm in London
    =Money is not an issue as far as the chip itself or installation goes (I just want it to be done professionally!)
    =I want to play imports/backups with the chip

If anyone has any advice, especially v9 users :D then I'd really appreciate your help. Apologies for the fact that this question has been asked so many times already...

2. Kravenoff

Kravenoff Member

DMS3 seems to be the chip to go with. Since it can be flash updated and the DMS3 crew seems to be pretty up on doing that. Adding such things as hard drive support even when booting backups.

As for an installer, you could have a look at www.chipinstallation.com, they list installers that are located in most parts of the world.