1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not another TMPGEnc problem!!!!! I'll try not to waste your time.

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Grayswan, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Grayswan

Grayswan Guest

Been playing with TMPGEnc for the last few days.... have had several problems but figured out what to do thanks to the extensive guides and threads posted here. I have one last problem that I can't seem to figure out. I've looked all over the site and I see a few similar problems to mine but not this exact one. OK.. here goes.

I'm trying to make a dvd out of a 700 meg .avi of The Last Unicorn. Everything goes great except that my final product is just a bit choppy. Almost like every eleventh frame is missing. I've gone through everything here and set the VFAPI priorities accordingly, have a CBR of 4000, 29.97fps and a decent sized VBV buffer. No matter what I do I can't make my mpeg anywhere near as fluid as the avi. it doesn't matter if I raise the CBR or FPS or if I convert to MPEG1 or 2. Always the same results. And I'm working with an animated movie here so it's not like I'm being too picky and noticing miniscule timing errors that I might notice in a live action movie. I notice this chopiness when I play the mpeg in powerdvd and not just media player. It plays the same with VLC as well. I've even tried to convert it to vob from the mpeg with DVD author but it's the same after that converion (I really didn't think that would change it but I had to try). I'm not playing this off of a burned disc so I don't think it's a bitrate problem. I'm pretty much stumped at this point. Any advice would be well received.

~Dylan

2. Grayswan

Grayswan Guest

guess not eh.... I'll just use another program then. thanks.