1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Enough Free Space

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Kafka, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

I have been trying to scan photos using Arcsoft photostudio 5.5. It could be that the answer to my problem lies outside the actual software and has something to do with my settings. I use vista Business.

After I have scanned a couple of postcard sized photos I get the following message:

"There is not enough free disk space to complete the scan. Scanner driver will be closed. Code: 31,0,0"

I then run CCleaner, shut all other programs and even reboot, but the problem always reappears. I neve had this trouble with my earlier version of Photo Studio.

2. onya

onya Guest

How much free disc space do you actually have?

3. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

According to Computer I have 158gb in C: drive.

I have just run CHKDSK and will see if that made any difference.

4. Pegasis

Pegasis Regular member

Just a sugestion.

Check to see where Arcsoft is trying to save the photo's to, it might be trying to save them to your backup partition on your hard drive if you have one.

Or maybe it is trying to save them to an external that isn't plugged in anymore.

Sorry if this is no help.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

was earlier version of Photo Studio used by vista or xp? possible vista problem with Photo Studio? have you checked Arcsoft for updates &/or patches for that program?

6. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

Pegasus and DDP,

I don't think it's a problem with where Arcsoft is trying to save the image. The problem is that the file is gigantic in size which means that I can only scan one or two images. I save the scanned image to a particular folder on C:. With the earlier vesion of Photo Studio I could scan a CD cover then import it to Excel and the image would fit neatly into my custom made CD cover template. With the new version the cover I have scanned takes up the best part of an Excel worksheet and I have to drag it to reduce it sufficiently to fit into the CD template. I need to know how to get Photostudio to scan it so that it so that it is much smaller in size. Incidentally, I can get around the problem by scanning images using MP Navigator (which came with my Canoscan 8800F scanner.

The earlier version of Photo Studio ran with XP. The ArcSoft site doesn't seem to mention Photo Studio. The ArcSoft software which came with my scanner is very recent and I'm pretty sure it's fully Vista compatible. I'll have another look at the website.

Thanks for your suggestions

7. Pegasis

Pegasis Regular member

You could check your scanning settings to see whether it is set up to make a larger copy of the item being scanned.

Are you using the default settings or have they been changed?

Also you could try and reinstall the program and see if that makes a difference.