1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Not enough memory" Forgotten,Grudge, RE2

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Mangosdad, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Mangosdad

Mangosdad Guest

I've read all the posts about ripping Forgotten,Grudge and Resident Evil 2, I have anydvd running in the back ground I have the latest DVD Decryoter with Scuba Petes settings and Shrink. I am able to rip all 3 movies to iso files but when I use Shrink after a couple of minutes I get an error "cannot continue not enough memory" I have over 30 gigs free so I have more than enough and have ripped and backed up other movies since But I keep getting this error message when tryng to back up these 3 DVD's.

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

The 30gigs is your hard drive not memory.Have you tried using Decrypter in [bold]File Mode[/bold] instead of ISO.Your computer specs would be helpful.I have seen other people on here with the same problem when using Shrink and ISO Files
    Just finished The Grudge

Rip with Decrypter in File mode = 13 mins.
    Encode Main Movie Only with Nero Recode2 = 5 mins.
    Burn at 4x =14 mins
    Total Time = 32 mins.

3. Mangosdad

Mangosdad Guest

Wild77
    Thanks for your response but why would this error only appear while encoding Forgotten,Grudge and RE2? I've ripped and burned over dozen of movies in the past month since these three became available without a problem. I'll try File mode for these three.

Windows xp pro
    sony 510
    amd xp 2900
    512 mb ddr ram
    C: 120 gig maxtor 40 free
    D: 160 gig maxtor 30 free
    Firewire external: 160 gig maxtor 50 free

4. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

Your system is good enough, its about what Im running. I would do what WILD77 said and use DVD DECRYPTOR IN [bold]FILE MODE![/bold]

Also follow this guide and use BBMAYOS Settings for FILE MODE and you will get the job done every time. Anyways here is the link:

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/ripping.html

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2005
  5. Anunnaki

Anunnaki Member

Mangosdad, I had the very same problem happening to me also with the very same movies, using the same software(funny coincedence) Everything seem to go as it should until it got to Shrink and when Shrink finished it would say "not enough memory" I was losing my mind thinking ok i updated all my software and still its not working, but then i started scrolling through the Dvd Decrypter folders, and found that i still had various movies on file ie. Dvd_Video, and anything associated with dvd Decrypter which was taking up too much memory. I also found that the files that i had already deleted were still sitting in my recycle bin. I deleted everything out of my dvd Decrypter folders(DONT DELETE ANY OF THE FOLDERS) and went through and checked and deleted anything that was still in shrink. After i made sure everything was deleted along with emptying my recycle bin. I then restarted my puter and noticed in my C:drive that the memory shot right back up to its normal amount. I retried burning the movies and all was fine finally. I hope this helps.I should have known it was something simple that i was missing....

6. Lord_Ric

Lord_Ric Member

If your file format is FAT32, you wont be able to make files bigger then 4.1gb. I have this problem once and since i've reformat the partition I'm using to back-up in NTFS format, this problem's gone.

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I ran into the same problem with the Forgotten and have a solution. In DVD Shrink change the start frame to the Columbia logo. You will need to reauthor to do this. Something about the dead space before this logo screws up computers. If you want both movie titles in The Forgotten (or for that matter any other of these movies with multiple movie titles) you will need to do this for both titles. That should get you going.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  8. toney420

toney420 Guest

I've finally back it up. Don't know if any body suggested Scubapetes guide but I followed it the tee and it worked. My new problem is I'm trying to burn only the main movie from the same iso I burned the full movie from I get about half way the encoding process and I get the message not enough memory. I've tried everything in forums to no avail. Any suggestions would be great. Like I said I've got the whole dvd backed up but would like just the movie backed up. Thanks in advance.

9. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Did you try the method I mentioned in my post right above yours?

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

When doing the... Never mind it was already explained by squizzle.. sorry just noticed that...
    you need to do that on some movies when doing just the main movie. Thats why its always a good idea to preview at least the first part of a movie in Shrink so you can see if the movie has that blank space like The Grudge does..

11. toney420

toney420 Guest

I did, I edited the start of the dvd to the beyatch with the torch, avoiding black screen @ the beginning. like I said I have successfully back up the entire so if I can't burn just the movie I'm cool with that I just figured it would be even easier to just movie but I get half way thru encoding and get a message not enough memory. Thanks Again..........guess I'll just keep trying.

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It would do the main movie much easier if the movie was ripped in file mode.. :)

13. toney420

toney420 Guest

I'l try that thanks

14. squizzle

squizzle Active member

so you already have the movie backed up on your hard drive successfully? you could just reauthor the main movie from what you have on your hard drive. But that kind of defeats the purpose of just getting the movie to have better quality. nevermind.

15. toney420

toney420 Guest

This may sound stupid but I read in one of the posts that sometimes defragging cpu helps so I tried that restarted cpu and it burned just fine.

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

defragging cpu - cor thats a new one lol :)

also have a look on dvd decryptor official forum (remember to do loads of searching before starting new threads asking questions tho, as you should find the answers you need just by looking)

These are movies that have newer protections that affect different ppl in numerous ways, so you need to read up a few of the solutions, trying them until you succeed. For instance i only ever had trouble with Res Evil 2 & Layer Cake , both had slightly different (for me) workarounds

Rich

Rich

17. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

toney420,

Sorry I'm just a smart arse and I couldn't resist, but how exactly did you defrag your cpu? LOL

I would guess you were talking about your whole computer system and called it a cpu as some people do.. :) What you actually defrag to be more specific was your hard drive. I just had to clear that up before this thread gets really big :)

18. Mangosdad

Mangosdad Guest

Thankyou all for your responses I resolved it in shrink by setting the startpoint past the opening logo ie:(colombia pictures) and that seemed to resolve it.

19. creaky

nice one, thanks for positive feedback

Rich

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  20. creaky

o good grief i keep thinking im on ebay - 'positive feedback' indeed :)

Glad you sorted it, pesky newer protections, damn cheek of it :)

Rich

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005