1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not enough room on DVD-R?

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by BobDee33, Nov 16, 2004.

1. BobDee33

BobDee33 Member

I have been using MacThe Ripper, DVD2oneX and the Disk Burning utility on 10.3.6. After going through DVD2oneX the file says it is now 4.3 Gigs but the burning utility says the disk does not have enough room. I'm using SONY DVD-R 4.7 gb disks. Does anyone have any help? I would greatly appreciate it.

Would changing the output to 4400 from 4472 make any difference or do I need new disks or burning applications?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi BobDee33, I'm not a Mac user, but from general dvd burning knowledge this is what I can tell you. Blank dvd's hold 4.36 gig of data. Forget the 4.7 they show on the discs. Using DVDshrink the target size is best set to 4300. This allows the burn to stop before the outer edge of the disc which could cause problems. Hope this helps.

Jerry

3. BobDee33

BobDee33 Member

Thanks a lot Jerry. If this works, I will name my first son after you....would do daughter to but I don't know how well Jerina would go over in the school yard.

Thanks

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

LOL, wouldn't want your daughter to have to hide behind the bushes going to and from school. Hope that works for you. Lets us know. Not too many Mac users around here so its good to know if we fix a problem for future reference.

Jerry

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004