1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not enough space on target drive

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by essay55, Dec 25, 2004.

1. essay55

essay55 Regular member

I'm trying yo burn a dvd for the first time and this message keeps coming up. Can someone help me please. I have to return this dvd by tomorrow.

2. Jeff11103

Jeff11103 Member

Sounds like there's not enough space on your HD for the temporary file to be saved.

What program r u using?

3. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

the min size for the temporary file must be 4.5 Gb, so u better have at least that or more than that, or u won't be able to make a copy of your dvd game.
    Buy a new hard drive, they're verycheap, like $60 for an 80 GB one.

4. darylbe

darylbe Member

I get the same message "not enough space on target drive" when i am trying to copy the image from my hard drive to a blank dvd. I am using the Sony DRX-710UL, and the discs i use were purchased from a site off of pricewatch.com, they are of generic brand, purchased 100 8x +r dvds for $30. I think im heading over to best buy to buy a 5 pack of name brand blanks and giving one of them a try, but if anyone can help me out with this problem, that would rock. Thanks

5. darylbe

darylbe Member

Alright, i have been fussing around with this burner, realized all i needed to do was get some extra space on my hard drive, so i did that. It analyzed the files, burned the dvd yada yada yada. I have checked my dvd players compatibility on www.videohelp.com, and it shows that it reads +r's. SOOOOOO, i take the burned dvd, put it in dvd player, it tries loading for 30 seconds (around), then a message comes up saying cannot read disc, please check disc (or something like that). I become furious, scream profanity, then upon calming myself, come into room... pop the burned dvd into my dvd/ cd rw drive, can hear that its trying to read the disc, and nothing comes up. then i put it into my dvd burner, and nothing ( when trying to access the drive via "my computer", i get the warm greeting of "please insert a disc into drive g://")... getting really mad, im now going to try to save data to one of the dvds, just to see what happens... grrrrr

6. darylbe

darylbe Member

Got it... I went to Best Buy and picked up Sony blank dvds there after talking to another customer. After using his sony burner, he felt that TDK and Sony discs work the best. Another person from a forum also felt that higher quality dvds were needed, but generic cd's work fine with him also.

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Yeah probably media issues. I use Ritek, never had a problem.