1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not giving up

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fasfrank, Oct 15, 2003.

1. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

What else do I need to burn DVDs? I bought nero6 then when I couldn't get that to work I bought dvd x gold. and haven't had any luck with that either. Im trying to use a Vaio PC with the toshiba DVD-RW as the e drive and a Sony CRX300E in the f drive. seem to be able to download the DVD with the dvdx gold but can't seem to do anything with it after that. All this looked easy when I bought the stuff but maybe its my lack of the proper hardware and the skills needed to do all this stuff. Im not giving up yet. Im trying to burn on TDK DVD+R media. What does a proper system have for hardware and software? Will I need to download other software besides the Nero6 and the DVD X Gold? Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2003
  2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Try Record Now Deluxe (its in user guides in my signature)

3. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

Is your dvd burning drive -rw or +rw. if it is -rw like you posted, then you will need -r media.

I just did a search and i bet that you drive is -rw like you posted so that your media NEEDS to be -r or -rw

Last edited: Oct 16, 2003
  4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Oriphus, Ywedana,
    Thank you for the help! I wonder why nothing was mentioned about the media in any of the info I recieved with my programs? I don't know anything but the information I can find or am provided with. Thanks for the info! What about drives? the "F" drive is a Sony CRX300E CD-RW (slave) the "E" drive is a Toshiba DVD ROM SD-R5002 (master). What are better choices? Thanks again, this is a great forum! Frank

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I dont think you have a choice, only one of your drives is a DVD writer. For burning DVD's there are loads of guides. Go to http://www.afterdawn.com and click on guides :-D

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Thanks again Orphius,
    Ive been reading some guides and trying to learn as I go. Even if I don't ever burn a DVD my computer skills will have improved! There is cetainly more to this than I first thought. I enjoy this forum, its good to know that I am not alone in my struggle to burn.

7. koola

koola Guest

First of all, your drive only supports DVD-R so you should only use DVD-R media.
    The speed of media you use is important as well because your drive can only write at a maximum of 2x for DVD-R and at 1x for DVD-RW.

Got my info from here: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Pa...00000d63/8182000004f0000000010000659c00000d64

For suitable burning programs, I would recommend using CloneDVD for coping and AnyDVD for decrypting as these tools are powerful yet easy and simple to follow (guides in my signiture).
    Another good program is DVD Shrink which will rip and copy your DVD in one go. This is also free where as Clone/AnyDVD have a trials period.

Good Luck :D