1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not reading anything

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by bear3561, Mar 26, 2005.

1. bear3561

bear3561 Member

Have purchased a pioneer dvr 109 external. I have 2 problems which could be related but I am not sure. First is the fact that if I reboot or turn the computer off, when it comes back on it finds an usb storage mass instead of the burner. If I then disconected the usb plug and then plug it back in it does find the burner. Now the second problem is the fact that when the burner is listed in the system it does not read any disc that I place in it.
    My system is an Acer Aspire 512 ram pentium 4 2.8 .
    If there is ant other info anybody need to help please ask.
    Thanks

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey bear3561,

I have had the same issue before.

I would suggest getting your hands on Registry Mechanic. You can find this at PCWORLD.COM.

Now, like I said, I have the same problem, but you should run the RM to see if it detects anything in regards to your OS. More than likely, you USB connections are not compatible and by that I mean, that there is version 1 and then version, I THINK 2.0, so you may want to check your documentation on that as well.

I have an external DVD burner connected to a multi port USB device, and I get the same error message from time to time...well, not anymore. But that should do it for you.

Hope this helps!

;)

3. bear3561

bear3561 Member

Thanks venom I did actually buy the program you mentioned and it did find over 300 errors which I hope it has fixed. The problem still persists and the computer does do some funny things like hangs and is very slow. This problem is driving me batty.

4. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Well that's great!!! I'm glad that it found all those errors, at least you won't have that to worry about either.

Ok...so, if you are still having that same problem. Try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=267304

This MIGHT be able to help you out.

:)

5. bear3561

bear3561 Member

Many thanks venom for your input turns out the problem was with the usb side of the unit so I just converted it to an internal drive and it works fine.
    Thanks for all your help

Bear3561

6. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

No problem...anytime!

Glad you got it working!!!

;)