1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not reading media

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by droopy123, May 24, 2003.

1. droopy123

droopy123 Member

i have completed every step there is to backup my dvd however when i go to burn the files to the disc the burning software cannot read the media. I have tried about 6 different programs and they all do the same thing. My discs are clean and free of scratches. Somebody please help.

2. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

What burning software are you using? If you are not already try Nero latest (5.5.10.28)

3. droopy123

droopy123 Member

I tried about 5 different softwares and all of them fail to read the discs. I havent tried nero yet but i will. Is there such thing as your dvd discs not being compatable with your dvdr drive? The drive copies cds with ease. I dont know why the dvd burner wont read the dvd r's. The drive is a combo drive on a laptop that i just purchased. I am using memorex dvdrs with the burner. I dont know what could be wrong.

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I take it that ur combo unit is a DVD WRITER, if so is it a +r or a -r writer and are u using the wrong format media.

a +r will not write to a -r and a -r will not write to a +r.

5. droopy123

droopy123 Member

ok so how do i figure out what kind of drive i have (+r or -r)When i bought the laptop it just said dvd rw /cd rw drive. I have a sony grz 660. I bought the and am using the + r discs. Is this my problem?

6. droopy123

droopy123 Member

i found out the drive that i have. Thank you for all of your help!

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Was it a +r or a -r, and has it solved you problem?