1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not supported AVI?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by CAR8624, Dec 7, 2004.

1. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

I am trying to convert my Anime EP from AVI to Mpeg. However when I try selecting my 2nd EP [avi format] to convert, it says that it is unsupported. Both Anime EP is .avi format, has the same video and audio codec [both OpenDivx v4 and Mpeg Layer 3]. Both have same FPS, file size, everything [they both have the same exact properties except for name].

What is the issue here?

Should I combine both to solve this issue?

2. polsantos

polsantos Member

I'm currently experiencing the same problem, is there a way to get past this? Are the video files not supported?

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

No, this often happens when the AVI uses a codec you don't have (unless it's a MPEG-2 file, but you have AVIs, not mpegs). Have you installed (at least the unregistered version, which is only a DECompressor) DivX? Do you have Xvid? (the most common codecs)
    You might even try FFDShow (general decompressor), but I don't know if you can keep the codecs you have, installed.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004
  4. polsantos

polsantos Member

Just tried installing the Free version of Divx and I got through, at first I encountered trouble because I initially had nimo codec pack 5 but after uninstalling it and replacing it with Divx, everything worked like a charm, thanks a bunch aldaco12