1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not using Nero with DVDShrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by durrson, Mar 31, 2007.

1. durrson

durrson Member

Hi,

Can anyone inform me of any alternative burning software which works with DVD Shrink?

I've recently upgraded to Vista Home Premium and I can't get Nero to install, (Invalid Drive for a mapped network folder which I can't solve).

I have DVD Fab but I the quality is rubbish, I'm hoping to find software which will work with DVD Shrink or an alternative 'all in one' program which can do the job to produce good quality backups on 4.7gb DVD's...

Thanks in advance..

2. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

IMGburn will also work. Find it here: http://www.imgburn.com/

I honestly don't know if it will work with Vista, but maybe worth a try. Maybe someone else on here that has Vista can give you a more definitive answer.

3. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

it's suppose to work with Vista, as that is what it says on IMGburn's website, but you never know with vista

4. durrson

durrson Member

Thanks for the help guys..

I actually use DVD Decrypter as a backup when DVD Shrink can't handle recent copy protection & was checking out another thread in AD which kinda answered my question.

Thanks daba..

5. durrson

durrson Member

PS: If anyone is thinking of getting Vista, I'd suggest waiting until SP1 comes out or leave a weekend free so you can play around with your media software..

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

So durrson, why did you get it?

7. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

How about AnyDVD/CloneDVD?

I'd say DVD Fab is a good option if you have it already and it actually works with Vista. Maybe something else is causing the quality problems?

I'm in the back of the line for Vista.

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Right in front of me. LOL

durrson
    If you get the revised version of Shrink, it will support ImgBurn to auto burn the way Nero does. The original version supports the DVD Decrypter burner ware. VSO's CopyToDVD is also supported by Shrink. I don't know how it works with Vista.

9. durrson

durrson Member

Hi again,

Problem solved..

After playing around with other progs and settings, I finally found a working version of Nero that's compatible with Vista (7.5.7.0). This integrates perfect with DVD Shrink and all is running normal again.

I never tried imgburn if I’m honest, and I couldn’t get on with Clone DVD/Any DVD. The "burn using DVD Decrypter" option was very useful however the draw didn't eject when done (A small gripe I know).

Why did I get Vista? - Why not? - When the mainstream get it they can benefit from the answers in posts like these if they encounter similar problems..

Thanks for all your help everyone!..

10. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

You can change that go Select settings undre the TOOLS, see the pic
    [​IMG]

I would switch to IMGburn for burning too.

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

bowler
    If the shrink isn't revised, it won't support ImgBurn for auto burning. That was one of the perks from the AIO installer. Too bad the site closed the download, but DD has (or had) a download for changing the Shrink exe.

12. XweAponX

XweAponX Member

---BIG Mishap there, best thing to do, uninstall it, put it back in the package, get your money back.

Then go to Newegg.com and buy Media Center Edition.

Also: Open Shrink and go to EDIT>PREFERENCES>FILE I/O Tab>Enable Burnign with Nero and turn it OFF, Uncheck it.

Load a moovie, let it read. When it shows the compression level, then hit backup.

When you hit BACKUP it initially asks you what format you want to use. Choose "ISO IMAGE FILE" (Not ISO IMAGE file and burn with Decrypter)

Then, when it is done, you can use IMGBURN ( http://imgburn.com ) to burn the disk and you won't have to deal with Nero.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  13. XweAponX

XweAponX Member

I had gotten that. It is simply a replacement for the main Executable of the Shrink Program. It was very unstable.

He also removed the Macrovision removal. Well, if that is gone, every Copy Protected DVD will Jam Up and potentially cause a Blue Screen of Death error when it gets to the place on the DVD where the encryption starts.

Best to just leave the program be. It is not really that much better for Shrink to up and start burning immediately after ripping.

Besides, if you just Store the ISO images temporarily, then you can queue up everything you want to burn in Imgburn... And THAT is easy!

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I'm using the revised Shrink and don't have any problems with it. Care to explain why it's stable on my system and not yours? As for burning automatically, the default setting in Shrink is to burn with Nero which is automatic. I never said it was hard to burn manually, just easier to do it automatically. Shrink output quality doesn't suffer either way. The way I see it, if a software is going to support a program, it should be the up to date one, especially since ImgBurn has proven to be such a good program.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007