1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOT WORKING

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ekrodle, Apr 15, 2005.

1. ekrodle

ekrodle Member

I got my xbox for christmas and just this week was able to get internet connection where I live. I bought a wireless router and when I tried to connect nothing happened. The light on the back of the xbox where you plug in the cable did not come on and the system was giving errors when trying to log on saying that there was no cable present. I know for sure that the router and cables are good because my friend brought his over and we tested the same equipment on his succesfully. Can anyone tell me what to check for or what to do. This is a brand new system and I dont want to trade it in for a differenr used one. I have not done anything to settings or anything because I do not know what to do. I am new at this. Please help. I want to get online and start gaming soon and would love any help that anyone can give.

2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

you probably have a bad box, but I would run some tests first. When you say you bought a wireless router are you running the xbox wireless too or are you hardwiring it to the router itself? A lot of the consoles systems have some trouble connecting wireless. I would try to hard wire the xbox first straight to the router before trying the wireless route. if it doesnt work hardwired then you have a messed up box. If that is the case, I would talk to microsoft to see if they have a exchange policy, but most likely if your box was bought durning the christmas season, the 90 warrantee is no longer valid.

Good luck

3. jealousjo

jealousjo Guest

Do what deezp1 said for the hardwire hookup. I use a router to a wireless and it works fine. Just configure your PC to automatically obtain an IP address if you want to go that route.