1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing Happens

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by willbee7, Jun 19, 2004.

1. willbee7

willbee7 Member

After I'm done burning a complete episodic disk using DVD X Platinum, there is a looooong (~25 min) "finalizing" stage and the dvd that pops out does not work. It does not read in any player whatsoever. Any suggestions?

2. karen2003

karen2003 Regular member

This is exactly what happened to me when I used DVD XCopy Platinum -- it copied several discs fine, then all of a sudden wouldn't finalize any more. I gave up on that program and switched to using DVD Shrink (or occasionally DVD Decrypter if Shrink failed, which it very rarely does) and RecordNow to burn. Both Shrink and Decrypter are free programs. If you rip with Decrypter and create an .iso file, it will burn it too so you won't even need Shrink.

Sorry to be pessimistic about Platinum, but their tech support wasn't any help and from what I understand they can't even talk about that program any more even with registered users because of the court ruling against them.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi willbee7,

Welcome to A/D's Newbie corner,

As Karen2003 mentioned, many have had trouble with 321XCopy - others just their $$$ program to work. As I don't have an answer to your problem I can direct to to 321's forum - here:
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/66

Hopefully they might have an answer for you -

In the event you might want to try a couple of programs that won't cost you a dime, anytime, try this link (check the bottom of the page: )
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/79846

The links for the FREE programs are there, follow the guide and you'll be burning in no time :D)

Once you have it all set up, (and this will scare you) it only takes 3 mousie clickie thingies to back up a DVD whereas DVD Xcopy takes a total of (are you sitting down ?) XCopy takes 4 mouse clicks - No kidding !

Cheers my friend,

Enjoy,

Pete