1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing seems to work?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by AthruZ, Mar 10, 2007.

1. AthruZ

AthruZ Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm having a problem playing any AVI no matter what codecs it is using. I have been playing AVIs for years without any problems whatsoever. If I have to format or whatever I always install Fddshow, xvid and ac3, zoom player (free) and away I go. I haven't had the need to update any codecs for quite a while and have had a version of zoom player on my system for some 2 years. for some reason I deceided to upgrade to a new version of zoom player free and now every avi stutters (audio and video) but mpg and matroska work fine? I have unistalled zoom, fddshow,xvid,ac3 and reinstalled them countless times, used creative player, VLC, WMP & classic and even installed the ancient sasami that I used before zoom...nothing seems to work?
    I looked at the sticky at the top of the forums but that seems to have been updated 3 years ago.
    Any pointers would be much appreciated as its driving me a bit nuts.
    thanks.

2. AthruZ

AthruZ Member

hmm,
    I gave up the ghost and did a system restore...looks like all my old fdd,xvid, ac3 and old zoom player has been restored and the avis seem to be playing fine now? very strange..oh well, I will see how it goes and let everyone know if anything else weird happens
    take care.