1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing Will Connect To The Internet

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Spenman91, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Sorry, I didn't really know exactly where to put this. I have recently noticed, after trying to connect to the internet with a lot of different games that none of them would connect. My internet works fine, and things like BitCommet work also. At first one or two games wouldn't connect, and then it got worse until now none of them will. Now none of my applications such as ad-aware or other programs that connect to the internet for updates will connect. I would run a spyware program but most of them that I know of have to connect to the internet for updates (which they won't do). Keep in mind that certain programs do work such as internet explorer, but other such as FireFox won't. I can download things with Download Accelerator, and Bitcommet, but that is about it.

Sorry if this is not a good place to put this, but it was such an odd problem I didn't know where it should go.

Thanks

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

have you added these programs to your firewall as safe?

3. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I know it's sad but, I don't have a firewall and I have all of them in Windows disabled.

4. Blackjax

Blackjax Regular member

hey spenman
    check to see if there are any conflicts in device manager with your nic.
    are you sure you don't have a hardware problem like a loose cat cable, etc.
    have you installed any new software lately if so try uninstalling it.

did any of your spyware programs catch anything? check your logs. if it's been awhile since an update you could have spyware. do you have a virus scanner running and how long has it been since an update for it? if any of these found trouble try posting up in the forum windows-virus and spyware problems with whats happening.

5. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

My internet in general seems to work correctly. It even runs at normal speeds. I have installed alot of new things lately but they have mostly been games. I have tried to run virus scans and spyware scans but they don't find anything. I think that is becuase they can't update so if it's anything new it won't catch it. It doesn't seem like a device or hardware problem but something more like spyware, or something of that nature. But I can't seem to get rid of it becuase none of my scans will update and the previous versions I have are old and not updated.

Thanks for the responce.

6. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

Hav you tried to retore back to a time it was working?JAT

7. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

My best guess is you are loaded with viruses.

8. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Yes, I assumed it was something like that. I just hoped it might be something else or easier to fix. But last night I got frustrated and decided to back up 300 GB of data and restore my computer. It took all night but now that everything is back on there, everything seems to work fine.

Thanks for the help though.