1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing will recognize a disc in DVD drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Dusenbery, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Dusenbery

Dusenbery Member

I was backing up my Lonesome Dove dvd's because I noticed they were getting scratched up. I have backed up tons of disc's before. After doing disc one, it would not recognize disc two or any other disc. In AnyDvd it shows that it is recognizing the drive, but it no longer pops up saying it is scanning the disc and the windows notification window does not pop up asking what I want to do. When I try to open it in DVD Shrink it says no disc. I also tried DVD Fab and it does not recognize it either. My desktop PC is Windows XP.

I was thinking maybe the burner burned up, which is an external burner. So I purchased a new one. Same thing. Nothing. So then I tried my internal burner and the same thing. Nothing. So then, I loaded AnyDvd, Dvd Shrink, and DVD Fab on my laptop. Same thing. My laptop is Windows 7.

I am at my wits end. What in the world is going on. Can anyone help me or has anyone had any similiar problems.

2. attar

attar Senior member

If you have ImgBurn installed, look for entries in the Upper and Lower Class Filters (note that mine, shown here, have no entries).
    Tools > Filter Drive Load Order.
    If you have something showing, delete them.

[​IMG]

3. Dusenbery

Dusenbery Member

I don't have ImgBurn. I have AnyDvd (lifetime membership), DVD Shrink, DVDFab (lifetime membership), and DVD Decrypter and I never have AnyDvd and DVDFab running at the same time.

4. Dusenbery

Dusenbery Member

OMG!!!! What a total idiot I am..... Through all the steps above I was using the same disc. I just looked at that disc and it had a crack in it. So I just put in disc 3 and everything started working just fine. I feel like a complete idiot.