1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing will write dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Hal45, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Hal45

Hal45 Member

I am new to this as well. Ihave burned a few discs using DVDx express , but now I get a message can't read sectors. So I changed tact and used DVD decrypter which worked fine. Then I used dvd20ne and when I try to burn on Nero 5.5.42 .It won't accept telling me it failed to write.
    I then used dvd shrink and then Nero but got same problem. I then tried Shrink and Copytodvd. No joy . I tried dvd clone as well but it won't write either It seems I can decrypt and shrink ok with no error messages. but i can't get anything to transfer to write.
    I went onto chrismccann.co site which was supplied here and duplicated the Nero advice. When I try it failed on the burn and said my drive would not support disc at once. I coudnt find a different option other than default to disc at once I have an Nec 1100A.
    I have tried 4 different movies all with the same result. I have tried dvd shrink 2.3 and the beta release as well. I reinstalled my dvd decrypter pogram and rebooted as well. No joy.
    I checked the threads and haven't seen one like this .
    Any suggestions to get a succesful burn from these files. Is my problem with the files itself ? Am I not transferring the right files to the burner. Could media be my problem . I burned ok using Memorex before but I am using Future shop discs now and I am starting to second guess everything.

2. Wild0ne

Wild0ne Member

At a guess I'd say your problems started when you changed your burning media ?
    Assuming your method is OK try a memorex disk again and see if that solves the problem - also suggest using RW media till problem is solved unless you need a large collection of drink coasters :)

3. Hal45

Hal45 Member

Thanks WildOne .
    Made it to the store and picked up Memorex -RW and got a success right away on DVDx express .
    Now I need to try nero. and the rest of them.
    Media sure has its glitches.!