1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

notice from comcast.

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by J0hnnyga, May 28, 2007.

1. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

just wondering if anyone else who has comcast has gotten one of those notices that says basically they saw you DLing something you shouldnt have been. and has any action been taken against you or your internet stopped or soemthing? i have gotten two notices... and not trying to tempt getting three so i've pretty much stopped using Bittorrent.

2. tmr250z

tmr250z Guest

I have Comcast too, but I have never gotten any notices and I've been using torrents and emule for a year and a half.

Were you using Protocol Encryption in your torrent client and did you have PeerGuardian running while downloading when you received these notices?

3. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

i did not have any kind of defense program running. i just discovered peerguardian recently and i dono if mine didnt work or what because it always failed to update the list or something. since i have gotten these notices i have moved most of my downloading needs to mirc and my 2gig usenet usage given to me free by my isp. i have heard stories of people getting many of these notices and no action being taken but the stories are not something id put alot of trust into... im really looking for some conformation here if anyone has gotten any of these and what action has been taken against their account for it.