1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

now is this possible???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by intrinzik, Apr 30, 2005.

1. intrinzik

intrinzik Guest

im sorry if this is in the wrong board area, dont know exactly where to put it. anyway, is it possible at all, to put lets say SNES roms onto CD-R and play them on playstation 2? that is, with a modchip(i have swap magic 3.0)? i know it isnt too likely but I thought i heard a mention of it somewhere before.

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

yes, SNES Station does it.

3. intrinzik

intrinzik Guest

awesome! i found some info on that so i will explore that. how about other systems tho like Nintendo 64 or NES, or Sega Genesis? can all be played right now or just snes?

4. intrinzik

intrinzik Guest

wait, well i downloaded the snes station and havent a clue on how to use it. i have these 2 files that say install and sytem along with a not so very helpful read me file, and an .elf file. cant get it to install(does nothing) and have no idea right now what to do:(

5. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

thank u 4 your idea SNES Station, now i have something new to do beside backing up ps2 games. Now my mom can play SNES games, sweet !!!

6. romero

romero Regular member

PGEN is a Genesis emulator for the PS2, and there's also NES emulator for PS1 called imbNES.

7. intrinzik

intrinzik Guest

Well what i thought i saw that was amazing is that i thought i saw a pc emulator for the ps2. that would be awesome, i made another post asking if its possible to put mods and patches onto vice city for the pc and play it using a pc emulator on the ps2, but *sigh*, not possible at the moment

the only thing that sucks about snes station is that the speed isnt the best, just try playing mario kart. the sega(pgen) was almost perfect with speed though. now im just trying how to get imbnes to work

8. lxhotboy

lxhotboy Regular member

I had to find the dvd version on the cdloader for my ps2 and i was wondering is it possible to burn the emulator and games to a dvd b\c the slim ps2 does not play the cdr's well at all.

9. gr_wisdom

gr_wisdom Member

10. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

this sucks, my ps2 is not modded, i cannot use it.

11. gr_wisdom

gr_wisdom Member

I think there's a way to play these games w/o modchip needed. That link also shows you how to do that.

12. intrinzik

intrinzik Guest

ya, the knife swap method works good, or just get a swapable disc like gameshark. maybe one of those "ultimate codes for ..." will work, i have one for san andreas that loads codes and then asks you to swap the disc(cheaper version of gameshark, $9.99 at most).

13. intrinzik

intrinzik Guest

actually the ultimate codes ... will probably only load dvds, i tried to load my snes station and roms using the ultimate codes for san andreas and it didnt work(cd-r). you can prolly use it to load dvd-r games though